Official Vehicle DockTips

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

That's the car dock app, not necessarily the dock itself. And on the Photon, you could close out of the car dock (which, majority of the time I've done, since I first got the car dock last year).
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I know. It works with the car dock. Their version of driving mode. I think it's cool enough to give it a try.
  3. ScandaLeX

Hit submit to soon again. ..
    I used it a lot with my Photon. Actually liked it.
  4. BleedingPurist

BleedingPurist Well-Known Member

Correct.. but on Droid 3 you cannot close out the car dock which is why it's forced into landscape mode. Even when I set it to not automatically load the car dock app when docked, it gets stuck in landscape mode. It even overrides other Car Dock apps that otherwise let you set the orientation.

Just one more reason I'm looking forward to retiring it in 3 weeks. The only thing I'll miss about this phone is the keyboard.
  5. drexappeal

Ah, I see. I actually preferred landscape mode, but would like having the option of either / or, just like many have stated.
  6. ScandaLeX

@BP I'm not understanding the last part off your post. Are you saying in 3 weeks you won't need a vehicle dock?
  7. BleedingPurist

BleedingPurist Well-Known Member

No, I'm just talking about the phone being out in 3 weeks. The dock will have to wait apparently.

This does remind me though... one reason the Note II caught my eye was I was starting to consider getting an iPad (just to have access to iOS world for some things) or an Android tablet that could serve as a Multimedia hub while driving.. especially on long road trips. Then the Note II was announced and the light bulb went off.

So yeah.. a dock is definitely going to be wanted.
  8. drexappeal

Droid 3 is on Verizon and Verizon is lagggginggg...LOL. Then again, they do have a ton of other great phones in their lineup, so I can understand why.
  9. drexappeal

iBolt needs to hurry up.My temporary universal dock solution is not doing it.
  10. drexappeal

MikaelPe updated the XDA thread, but didn't in here:

So, keep an eye out for after Thanksgiving!...Depending on what they decided with the final design, I might be pre-ordering that thing (if they do a pre-order).

And to think, I just ordered temporary stop-gap docks, just to get rid of the universal setup I have going right now...lol...oh well.

And for those of you interested in having bluetooth audio through your car speakers (rather than having to plug into your 3.5mm headphone jack), I got my bluetooth adapter this past weekend and it works flawlessly:

Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver 3 5mm Dongle for Cell Phone MP3 MP4 PC | eBay

All you have to do is pair this with your device, plug in your 3.5mm aux cable into that (it has a female adapter for that to be possible), and you're good to go. It has a built in battery, so you don't need to keep it plugged in, but I just keep it plugged in with the 2nd charging port all the time, since I only use this in the car.
    Caloy likes this.
  11. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Same here. A cheap holder that just sticks to the phone. But for $7+, I can't complain since it comes with a white gel case. I also ordered a cheap dock from China made especially for the note 2. I figured it will arrive at my doorstep in about 4 weeks. I'll probably stay with it until something better (like the ibolt) comes along.
  12. allwoods5

allwoods5 Member

13. drexappeal

Did you see my most recent post with the update MikaelPe gave on XDA?
  14. ScandaLeX

Link please
  15. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Nope. Link please. =)
  16. drexappeal

lol...scroll up bro, it's the post I made that bumped the thread
  17. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

Wish I could take anvantage of wireless charging on my Tmobile Note 2 but my understanding is that they have disabled it. Would love a dock like the one above:-(
  18. merlin_mobile

merlin_mobile New Member

Well I have a note 1 & the samsung dock.. For now I still use the note 1 dock with my Note 2, but I have to use a rubber band at the top of the dock to secure it....It is not great but it works... Still charges ok but no sound through the external :( Really hope samsung sort it out soon...Still do not understand why they did not release at the sam time :((
  19. drexappeal

As in Note 1 car dock?...You're the first person that's come in here saying it does work because some people on XDA were saying that it didn't. I didn't want to pony up the money to buy the Note 1 dock, unless I felt that there was a way to make it work.

Can you take some pics of it docked, so that I can get a better idea? I was seriously contemplating getting a Note 1 dock and modifying it to work, but there were quite a few reports that it didn't, that I held back.

So, what you're saying is it doesn't support usb music through the rear 3.5mm aux output in the back?

As for why Samsung didn't release one at launch, it's because they chose to go the "universal" route. That was likely a "cost cutting" measure, while still being able to have decent sales for the universal. I'd imagine that business decision was made based on the profit margin between manufacturing the vehicle specific mounts vs. mounts actually sold...probably wasn't very good at all.
  20. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

I ordered my ProClip holder (without power) the day I picked up my GN2 (Friday, 11/116) - and got a note Monday that it is on backorder. I'm a little bummed, but I've been using ProClip for years and know their quality. I can wait.
  21. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Same club here, proclip on the workbench and Note on order.
  22. g0at

g0at Member

23. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, I bought one too after you said it worked for you. When I read the description I thought it was for non Bluetooth media players to run on your Bluetooth listening device.

One question, how long did it take for you to receive it?
  24. drexappeal

Took a couple weeks. Not long, not super quick.
    Caloy likes this.
  25. drexappeal

Jake the SSnak likes this.