1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official Wallpaper Thread

1. Happiness

Happiness Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. So the proper resolution for the wallpaper is 640 x 480? I was wanting to find that out
  3. Miss Spicy McHaggis

Miss Spicy McHaggis Well-Known Member

i'm having some trouble finding a wallpaper that work! i hate that it crops pictures
  4. Siflan

Siflan Well-Known Member

There should be some in google search.
  5. freedomflyer

freedomflyer Well-Known Member

Wallpapers are sweet on the G1 because as you swipe, the apps move independtly of the wallpaper, which mimics the "closer things go faster"...like mario and the mountains in the background.
  6. Happiness

Happiness Member

Size your photos to 640x480 and it won't crop them. That box that comes up when you set a wallpaper is a little misleading. You can drag it to fit the full size of a 640x480 image.
    ImaTrouper, pak sup and ftards like this.
  7. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Member

I spent a little time to collect these images, they are to me really interesting, but you might find the sizes are vary and need to be adjusted to fit the screen. Here they are, please tell me how you think. Thanks

Attached Files:

8. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Member

Attached Files:

Infineon likes this.
  9. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Member

Attached Files:

10. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Member

Attached Files:

Infineon and slimdick like this.
  11. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

To keep from getting a bunch of threads about user-created wallpaper, please post them here.

Remember: No adult images.
  12. koffi

koffi Member

These are all sized correctly to be the best fit for your new phone

Attached Files:

Mikkie and alinver like this.
  13. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

how do i put these pictures on to my g1?
  14. Happiness

Happiness Member

Added some solid colors in there. :) There's also a QR code to get to the group quickly from your phone.

[​IMG]
    ImaTrouper and rogi9188 like this.
  15. Happiness

Happiness Member

Two ways:

• You can download to your computer, save them, then drag and drop to your G1.
    or
    • Browse to one in the G1 browser then download it to your SD card.

1. After you do one of those 2 things you should be able to go to your home screen, press the menu button, then choose "Wallpaper".
    2. Choose select wallpaper from Pictures then select the one you downloaded.
    3. This will bring up the "crop picture" dialog, drag the edges of the square to expand it until it surrounds the entire picture.
    4. Press Save and you're done.
  16. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

ok thanks, also when i drag and drop to my g1, do i have to make a separate folder or just just drop in there?
  17. Happiness

Happiness Member

Just drop it in there. It will read pictures from anywhere on the SD card.
  18. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Hey happiness, excellent work with the little how to and the wallpaper catalog you have going. I usually find some pretty decent wallpapers that look fine on my monitor, but end up looking odd on my G1. Thanks again!
  19. Happiness

Happiness Member

You're welcome, glad you found it useful!
  20. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

thanks again
  21. killer3160

killer3160 Well-Known Member

every time i try to set up my wall paper it comes up with the re size tool even when my image is 499X299 is there any way to avoid this?
  22. Happiness

Happiness Member

No it always comes up. Just maximize the box to fit around your entire image.
  23. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Are any of you guys having issues with the quality of the wallpapers? Like, no matter how high the quality of the image is, it doesn't look as clean? Even when i re size an image to 640x480, it doesn't look good. Anyone?
  24. solider

solider Active Member

Yes I noticed that as well but im still trying to figure out if there's a way around this. Some walls look nice and clean while others seem pixelated.
  25. rzm61

rzm61 Member

This is my current one.
    Custom made. :D

Attached Files: