1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Yahoo! Messenger

Last Updated:

1. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First, I'm new here. Just got a Nexus One a couple of weeks ago and was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't an official Yahoo Messenger app(everyone I know uses it). Anyway, I just found the official Yahoo Messenger just showed up in the Market. Yahoo Search and Mail are there as well but I'm not sure if they are new or not. Absolutely loving it so far.

Yahoo! Messenger for Android

Advertisement
  2. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

I know it's not an official Yahoo Messenger app, but maybe you can give eBuddy a shot. It's a good multi-messenger and you can chat to your Yahoo friends.

3. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Make sure your messenger isn't based on SMS. I got hit for a few text/im charges because I used the supplied programs which were based on that tech. Now I use Meebo which is data based. Even if you have a text plan, why waste some of it on ims?

4. sonmica

sonmica Well-Known Member

5. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

6. aolee

aolee Member

hi guys, im having problem with yahoo messenger, can't sign in when using 3g connection, but works ok with wifi. do you also experience the same? after i see the "loading contacts".... i get a prompt "unable to sign in to messenger. do you know any fix to this? btw, im using an HTC desire unit. :( thanks guys.

7. raistd

raistd New Member

I'm getting the exact same problem. I've also seen if I previously connected via wifi then I turn off wifi, it connected and you're able to chat with your friends. So the problem is really just being able to sign in while on 3G. I've had no luck looking for a solution. I've even written this as a comment on the Android Market.

8. aolee

aolee Member

@raistd : about the wifi then turning it off.... yeah i noticed it too. sad i really wanted the official app. :( i guess ill just have to stick to meebo. i hope yahoo inc. can fix this.

9. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a Yahoo IM Client that supports Aliases (Linked accounts)??

The official Yahoo client specifically says that it does not and I am hoping someone knows of a client that does. I have tried the following (all of which DO NOT support alias):
    Nimbuzz
    Meebo
    Palringo
    IM +
    eBuddy
    Yahoo Droid
    Fring

Any help would be appreciated.