Offline email like Outlook?

1. Radivoj

Radivoj New Member

All Android email apps are based on a Web mail and depend on availability of the wireless connection (WiFi or 3/4G).
    Is there an app for Android that works like the Outlook on the PC, that allows user having a POP mail account, to keep his Inbox and other folders containing the relevant messages in the Smartphone

Advertisement
    :
  2. Finbarr

Finbarr New Member

HTC Mail does it on mine and works fine, except it doesn't sync outlook calendar emails, but I sync with my desktop for that.
  3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Not so at all.

4. 2012

2012 Well-Known Member

On the phone it seems to initially just collect the email title and who its from. Doesn't download the actual message to your phone. If you want to read an email which is listed on your phone but at the time you have no network connection it just says loading.... and the message isn't there to read.
  5. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

That's to save battery, data usage and space on phones with limited storage. It's not the same thing as webmail like Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc.
  6. yankeeharp

yankeeharp Member

I'd like an offline email reader that I can download email while I have access to wifi, then can read and reply to when I am someplace without any internet connection and send later when I am back in wifi range again.

All of my devices (HuaWei and Samsung phones and a Shenzhen 7" tablet) are wifi-only, either built-in or because I no longer have any active paid plan. I have Outlook Express and Thunderbird installed on my desktop computer but I never use them.

All I can figure out to do so far is open email when I have a connection, copy and paste it into a notepad file and then use the notepad file to read and reply when I am out of wifi range. Is there any app that performs this function automatically without having to take the time to open the email?

Thanks.
  7. tommo47

tommo47 Well-Known Member Contributor

With Gmail, any emails you download will remain in your inbox when you are off-line. You can read them and write your reply or compose a new email while off-line. When you hit send they will sit in your outbox until you next go on-line when they will be sent automatically.