Offline Newsreader - searched here and tried apps, still stuck

1. Optimistic_Pes

Optimistic_Pes New Member

Hi all,

I've searched and gone through the threads, have used newsrob, reader, chrome etc and am still stuck and confused.

I am trying to find a newsreader that will aggregate multiple feeds and

1) Download the entire article
    2) only sync on demand - not whenever I open the application.

I can't seem to get them to work as I hoped (i.e. I want to turn on my galaxy tab wifi at home in the morning, sync everything once, then read it all during the day - when I have signal, but don't want to use the 3g data allowance through auto syncing).

Can someone suggest a free or paid app?

thanks for any help,

John

Advertisement
  2. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

Can GReader accomplish this?
  3. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

Pocket comes to mind. It can be set to sync when you want (even manually IIRC), and it downloads the entire article. It's quite versatile too, as you can also bookmark things like YouTube videos to stream later. The only thing is that you have to either save each article manually (copy and paste the URL, put an extension in your desktop version of Chrome, etc) or create an account through If This Then Than, and have IFTTT watch your feeds for you that populate Pocket when you choose to sync it. This is how I fill my Pocket with stuff to read, and it's *beyond* convenient, as I just pick it up to see what's in it (per my sync settings, yours may differ)
  4. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

If having IFTTT interests you, and you're unfamiliar with it, I can help get you set up.