Offline Tutorials

Last Updated:

1. ramay71

ramay71 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there are any offline tutroials on Android development? I am going to be on the train for a few hours this weekend with limited or no internet connection. It would be nice to download some files and instructions so that I can play while on the train.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

The best thing you could do with a quick thought...

Email yourself some text of the tutorials or even create .txt files as chapters and stick them on the sd card and use ASTRO or AK Notepad to read them.

Offline work has a lot to be desired I have found.

3. LukiSpuki

LukiSpuki Active Member

4. ramay71

ramay71 Member This Topic's Starter

@dkaufman1, I guess that's what I'll end up doing. Just wanted to save some effort. Call me lazy.

The other person must have misunderstood my question. I am not looking for MS office capability on the G1, although, this is nice to know about. I am looking for offline content vs. online content in terms of tutorials for Android Developers. I am a Java programmer, but want to jump into Android development. Since I will have no internet connection for about eight hours this weekend, it would be nice to have a bunch of .txt or .html files downloaded to my laptop for offline browsing.

Thanks for the replies.

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I had a few more ideas for you...I know there is software that exists that will spider a site for you and download it locally to your machine, if you nabbed that software and then loaded up the sd card you could probably browse locally...it would make sense at least. As for the actual tutorial, I don't know which are best not being a dev...but the Android Dev site has a lot of info.

Another idea is you could make your first app, the offline tutorial/eboook of just this such type of content! (might not help you this weekend, but worth a shot for the future.)

6. virtual

virtual New Member

There is a docs folder inside android sdk folder. Have a look...:)

7. kunalsindhwani

kunalsindhwani New Member

:)