• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Often imitated,nevr duplicated,rubix focused 1.8.6

Loving this ROM but had a few questions.

1. My Gmail won't automatically show up even though I have sync turned on (works fine for work email). I can only get it by manually syncing in the Gmail app. Thoughts?

2. For some reason I can't find the power control widget I used to have that is completely transparent. I've only been able to find one that is transparent but still has the colored bottom bars. (not ROM related - I know)

3. No FM Radio app any more. I gather that's a blur related issue and it sounds like it will never work on a blurless ROM. Just wanted to confirm.

4. Oh yeah, and I'd love that Blur camera patch too. Any links or instructions?

Thanks peoples.

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM but had a few questions.

1. My Gmail won't automatically show up even though I have sync turned on (works fine for work email). I can only get it by manually syncing in the Gmail app. Thoughts?

2. For some reason I can't find the power control widget I used to have that is completely transparent. I've only been able to find one that is transparent but still has the colored bottom bars. (not ROM related - I know)

3. No FM Radio app any more. I gather that's a blur related issue and it sounds like it will never work on a blurless ROM. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks peoples.
1.try deleting the gmail app then redownload and set up....also make sure you have data push enabled in your settings and your fetch schedule turned on also in settings

2.I don't know about the power control widget but I use switch pro and its the same concept but you can totally customize it and its well worth the dollar or two....find it in the market

3.Fm radio is only supported by blur to my knowledge ....but you can still stream radio through your browser from the internet ...just google to find out about your stations and what not.

Reactions: t0adman
Upvote 0
why i cant play music on rubix 1.8.6 or 1.8.9? it give me a error type not supported! please help

Have you upgraded to the leak? Make sure you're installing the right version of Focused for your kernal.

Drod has updated both versions to 1.90 and 1.90.2.3.230.

Also, does anyone know if Fission and Focused themes are interchangeable?

Edit:
Also, it seems like DRod has undone the performance hacks from 1.89/1.93. I'm scoring ~1500 in quadrant again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones