OG Droid Update?

Last Updated:

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. dumbteentarget

dumbteentarget Well-Known Member

I believe if you are ONLY rooted then you can recieve the OTA updates. but if you have a custom recovery on there then you need to go back to stock recovery image to recieve the update. Or we can just wait for the rooted themed ROMs from the amazing devs soon.

3. BlueIce5249

But if they updated the apps you should be able to download the updated (non-themed of course) apps right? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

The updated apps are available through the market. I think the exchange 2010 features have already been implemented in CyanogenMod.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

There is nothing about this 'new' update that is of any interest to me and so I hope the OTA patch (find elsewhere here) many of us installed blocks this as I don't want it.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you want an update to GMail? Exchange and Twitter are pretty useless apps, sure, but GMail is essential. At least in my eyes. I don't see why anyone would use any other e-mail provider when GMail is the best option.

7. BlueIce5249

I use twitter, gmail, and news and weather widget all the time. Very curious to see what the update is.

8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

an "an update to GMail" is just a GUI update. They released an improved version of gmail like 2 months ago or so and it works awesome.

all the other stuff in that update that is of 0 interest to me just to get a GUI update to gmail? not interested.

Plus I suspect it would be rolled into Gingerbread - if not soon found in the Market - so I can wait for that.