• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh crap, I broke my phone

Actually, my daughter did. The Lcd screen had a huge crack across it after she accidentally dropped it. I want to replace it, but every time I search for one, I get tons of lcd screen protectors ads. It's not the glass screen that I touch, it's the actual screen that does everything. Does anyone know what this part is called ?(part # or something?)
Also if this has happened to anyone else and they have already replaced it, advise on how to will be appreciated.

Thanks

(P.S. She is grounded)

Actually, my daughter did. The Lcd screen had a huge crack across it after she accidentally dropped it. I want to replace it, but every time I search for one, I get tons of lcd screen protectors ads. It's not the glass screen that I touch, it's the actual screen that does everything. Does anyone know what this part is called ?(part # or something?)
Also if this has happened to anyone else and they have already replaced it, advise on how to will be appreciated.

Thanks

(P.S. She is grounded)

I think this is what you are looking for, click HERE

Upvote 0

Thanks

(P.S. She is grounded)

When you get your part, here is the thread that shows you how to tear it down:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/22036-sprint-htc-hero-disassembly-diy.html

Upvote 0
So what was the end result, did you find what you needed, did the link I gave you help ??

Unfortunately, that sale ended before I clicked on that link, so I missed it.

my wife dropped her hero in water.....i can sell u her phone....the screen has no scratches

I will pm you and we can talk about how much, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones