Oh dear damage to my new X10 help?!Support

Last Updated:

1. johnnyboyuk

johnnyboyuk New Member This Topic's Starter

I am now feeling very angry and stupid as I have spilled oil on my phone!

It was a virgin oil and has now somehow permeated underneath the screen, was only on for a very short time!

It started as a dark patch in the top right and has permeated towards the bottom of the screen! luckily where it has been seems relatively ok!

Any tips or advice?

It is currently upright in a mini fridge set to warm - minus the battery.

Worst case scenario is new screen i guess, how much and where might that be?

Help very much appreciated!!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. charmz2k2

charmz2k2 New Member

Hiya..
    I'm not an expert.. but could the oil have just seeped under the screen protector which comes already applied to the phone?
    Would you be able to just peel off the screen protector? Apparently it is well applied and will take quite a bit of effort to remove (as I think it's not really meant to be removed) but ppl have said that it is nicer without..

3. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

You may be lucky with the new protection plan if your through Rogers, they cover all those type of repairs for free. If not you may have to take the phone apart and clean it before it gets into other parts.

Here is a link to how to take it apart step by step just in-case you decide to do it yourself.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Tear Down photos leaked | AndroidOS.in