Oh hai Fascinate. Bai Eris.

Last Updated:

1. ErisYarr

ErisYarr Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, you all will be my new brothers and sisters in the realm of mobile devices soon.

Reference my post and you will see why - http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/190476-what-taterbiscuits.html#post1695874

Wanted a Droid X until I went to a verizon store to fondle a SF. Leagues better in my opinion. And thats just what it is...my opinion. Better Screen, better UI (imo), I can get around Bing no problem (if I want too). I like the over all integration that Touchwiz has. Seems logical to me.

I need your opinion. Set the Eris on fire or sell it? Both would bring equal levels of satisfaction to me.

Advertisement
  2. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

Video setting on fire, do it very in some big dramatic way and be sure to film the event with the new Fascinate. Then hit on a Wi-Fi signal and blast it to youtube so that you may link it back to us here! Selling it would be such a waste of great entertainment! Burn baby burn!

3. ErisYarr

rofl Larry. Got any Thermite?

Edit: After I get it I am changing my forum name to PewPewEris

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If it works sell it to Verizon.

5. ErisYarr

Wut?

6. JJBetty

JJBetty Well-Known Member

7. ErisYarr

Why didnt I know about this?! JEEVES!!!

8. ErisYarr

Called them. $50 is all they can do.

9. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

You know, even though it was due to months of frustration, I'm glad you're over in the Fascinate area now - you seem like an entertaining person to be around XD And thanks, 'what the taterbiscuits' is now being added to my mental dictionary, and I dub WTTB a usable acronym.

My first instinct is to save the phone just in case (yes, I'm a packrat), especially for testing apps on. But that's certainly up to you. IF you set it on fire, please do post the video - I expect evil laughter in the background!

ErisYarr likes this.
  10. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Online they told me a quote of 132 dollars. hopefully they stick with that quote.

11. ErisYarr

Just found out that this Friday best buy might have the Fascinate up for free AGAIN. Will verify on thursday.

12. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

There are a couple shockers in this list to me...

The high $ shock is the Incredible and Fascinate, less the Fascinate as it was released less than a month ago (Sept 9 2010), but the Incredible has been out for a while.

The low shocks were the Droid 2 and the Droid X. I don' get that. The X should be right there beside the Fascinate I would have thought. And the D2, I am totally lost on that one!

Imagio $44
    HD2 $72
    Incredible $152
    Eris $132
    Evo $132
    Fascinate $177
    Droid $52
    Droid 2 $72
    Droid X $124

13. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Yeh, I don't get that either. When I ordered my waiting Droid X (just last month) I was still put on a waiting list!!! You could waltz right in a buy a Fascinate off the shelf the entire first week of the release, at least in many stores. And I don't believe there was a waiting list for orders either.

At least we found out where all the AMOLED/Super AMOLED screens that samsung has been hoarding went ... :D

14. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

I could not believe they would give me $132 for my Eris. I happily wiped it and am waiting to ship it to them this week.

Side note: If anyone want to get rid of their Incredible, Evo, Droid 2 or Droid X I'll be paying $153, $133, $73, and $125 respectively for each phone. I'm A way better deal than verizon.

15. ErisYarr

How did you contact them. What were you trading it in on or was it an out right sell back?

16. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

17. ErisYarr

Oh nice, thanks for that. I was looking for that site. I am going to try to get the Fascinate for free on friday, I head Best Buy might have it up again on the 8th because where were so many Fascinates. If not I will be using this to get it for next to nothing after $100 Mail in Rebate and $132 VZW gift card.

Edit on a hilarious note, my Wifes LG Choc Touch appraised for a whopping $8

18. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

Where you hearing that the Fascinate will be free again this Friday? Funny thing is that BestBuy upgraded my wife's line last Friday to the Fascinate, but never reset my contract date. My wife's line still shows "Upgrade Available"!

I thought it weird when I didn't' sign any new contract paper work?!?!

19. ErisYarr

I "read" on various sources around the web. And this chat I had with best buy....see img....NAO!

[​IMG]

I know its not a 100% yes but if gives me hope lol.

20. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

Best Buy giving away free mobile phones every Friday in October - KansasCity.com

"The Best Buy free cell phone campaign began Oct. 1, with a giveaway of one free phone each from carriers Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. The Samsung Fascinate (Verizon), BlackBerry Curve (Sprint), HTC Aria (AT&T) and Samsung Gravity 3 (T-Mobile) will be the phones offered for free Oct. 8"

Not sure if that was a typo in the new article, but it would be cool if it were free again. Anyone who is within their 30 day contract... bring yours back to VZ, pay the $35 restocking fee, then head to BB!

21. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

I know that I can do that, but what a pain. I hate my local verizon store. I got them to credit me $50 over the phone, but that's the best they could do. They don't price match.