Oh Lord, I'm new.

1. Keelana

Keelana Member

Hey guys - dont bash me lol - but I have a question. Why is the Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean software different from the other phones Jelly Bean? I have a T-mobile GS3 running Jelly Bean, but the menus and everything are different from other phones like the Google Nexus 4. I am confused! Sorry if it is a dumb question, I am coming from using a blackberry for 3 years.

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

No bashing, not a dumb question and welcome!
    Phone manufacturers add their own skins to Android; Samsung has TouchWiz, HTC has Sense and Motorola has the skin formerly known as Blur. It's how they differentiate themselves from each other.
    The Nexus phones have no skin, they are straight up Android, vanilla.
    Here is an article comparing them (not Nexus/Vanilla) from Gizmodo. That compares ICS, not Jelly Bean but you get the idea.
    iowabowtech likes this.
  3. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Keelana!! Welcome to the forums!!:)
  4. Keelana

Keelana Member

Thanks for welcoming me! This might ruin it, but I am a Mac lol. Not literally, but you get the idea! Thanks for the answer and I will look into that! And Hey LilBit!
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Not a problem - I'm typing this on a Mac. ;)
  6. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

BANNED!!!

lol
  7. Keelana

Keelana Member

I was trying to root my T999 with my Mac, but the method I used by "HighonAndroid" - I think that's the right name - didn't work for Mountain Lion 10.7.5. Kill me
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have you tried this one?
  9. Keelana

Keelana Member

Yes, it doesn't work either
  10. Keelana

Keelana Member

It may not work because im running 4.1.1 JellyBean