OH My god! Desire closing and Freezing

Last Updated:

1. oldsparky1969

oldsparky1969 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, have had my desire for about 6 weeks now.
    the past 2 weeks or so have seen it shutting down and freezing on the white screen with HTC logo, this happens when using google maps, browsing facebook or sometimes the web and on some occassions when playing games and music.
    When it does this i notice the rear of the phone has become quite warm, not the battery but lower down on the phone behind the control buttons. the only way i can start my phone again is to remove the cover and battery and wait for the whole phone to cool down about 4-5 mins, very bloody frustrating as its starting to happen more often . Is this a known problem, do i need to return it to Vodafone( who by the way hoodwinked me into installing a load of crap onto my phone)Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. diggerbucket

diggerbucket Active Member

It'll probably be one of your installed applications playing up, try uninstalling anything that you got from the market that you don't really need or even some things that you do to see if you can get rid of the problem.

3. oldsparky1969

oldsparky1969 Member This Topic's Starter

I Have removed most apps that i have downloaded from market but not all, do you think i should remove all? will waiting for froyo 2.2 make a difference, i believe it will me release within 7-10 days.