• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

oh my god! someone please help, please!

rkfmaster

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
ok so i literally just made a profile cuz i have a huge dilemma. so i just bought a 16g sd card and i was trying to copy all my songs and apps and other shit from my 2g sd card. one of my friends, who is supposedly a genius with phones, told me to just drag and drop all the folders from the original sd card, onto a folder on the desktop on my comp, and then put in my new sd card and then drag and drop it into the the 16g sd card folder. so i did all of this. and now all of my info, for whatever reason is not on my sd card but on my phone's internal memory. WTF! ok is there anyway to fix this and is there anyway to find the files that are currently on my phones internal memory? if someone can help me with this i would be forever greatful. so i can be very clear by files i mean my pictures, my music, my everything! its not like these files are no longer available to me. when i use astro viewer i can find every single file that i transferred but when i go to my music player it says no songs found on sd card. also there are no pictures in my gallery (it states the same message as the music player). gracias en avanzado.

What files are these? If you are talking about calendars, and contacts, sync it to Google, then When you log into your Google Account on your other phone, they will be downloaded.

For messages, get an SMS backup app, and install it on both phones. Make a backup on the old phone, which you restore on the new phone.

Unless I totally misunderstood you and you were talking about some other files?

Upvote 0
ok so i literally just made a profile cuz i have a huge dilemma. so i just bought a 16g sd card and i was trying to copy all my songs and apps and other shit from my 2g sd card. one of my friends, who is supposedly a genius with phones, told me to just drag and drop all the folders from the original sd card, onto a folder on the desktop on my comp, and then put in my new sd card and then drag and drop it into the the 16g sd card folder. so i did all of this. and now all of my info, for whatever reason is not on my sd card but on my phone's internal memory. WTF! ok is there anyway to fix this and is there anyway to find the files that are currently on my phones internal memory? if someone can help me with this i would be forever greatful. gracias en avanzado.

When you mount your phone to your comp the phone memory will show as a disk drive the SD card will also show as a disk drive so check which one you transferring your files to and make sure they're going to the SD card.

Your friend was correct the way they told you to do it.:)

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
Well whenever I hook my phone up to the comp it only shows 1 removable disk. That is the one I transfered all my stuff to. I know for a fact that some of those files where transferred to the internal memory cuz my internal space dropped down half a gig after doing this. I'm kinda tempted to just give up and return this sd card...

Upvote 0
To be on the safe side - there are micro card readers that look like a USB stick. The top opens and you insert the micro card. If you transfer this way, there is no question of where your stuff is going.

I have a couple of these readers. Use them with Ubuntu and Windows. And they don't need any special adapter.

This site shows all the different types. Your local office supply might have them.
Card Reader, USB Card Reader, SD Card Reader | Meritline.com

I have some like the gray one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones