Oh Noes Carrier IQ!

1. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member

Samsung Intercept, running Froyo 2.2. Downloaded the Carrier IQ Dector, and BAM, turns out I have it! Anyone else have it on some of ther other phones?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I'll have to ask my daughter to test her unrooted VM Intercept. As for my OpV, I knew it wouldn't be on there due to the BACKside IHO CM7 rom I installed, but tested anyways just for giggles. Also tested my boyfriends Droid Eris from Verizon (not rooted).

Mine:
    [​IMG]

And my boyfriends Droid Eris:
    [​IMG]
  3. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

Unrooted OV. No CarrierIQ.
  4. melim

melim Disabled

:eek: His phone isn't rooted? How...I don't even...you must love him a lot. :p

Just tested mine with 3 of those apps and all 3 say I don't have it. Still not sure I trust the results...
  5. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

Optimus Slider is clear......
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

lol If I bricked his phone I would be sleeping on the couch. I enjoy my snuggle time entirely too much to risk it hehe.
  7. melim

melim Disabled

8. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member

My new triumph does not have it. Rooted but stock ROM right now.
    My guess would be no VM phone will have it.
  9. [​IMG]
    motorola triumph
  10. UnixPimp

UnixPimp Well-Known Member

Which Carrier IQ detector did you use?

Lookout Labs Carrier IQ Detector
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.carrieriqdetector

Voodoo Carrier IQ Detector
    https://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.simplecarrieriqdetector

I would try them both to verify against false positive results.
  11. melim

melim Disabled

^Kinetoo has one as well.
    UnixPimp likes this.
  12. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm being rude or anything, but im sure this has been going on for way more time than before it was discovered on a device...and I never noticed any problems or anything. Heck, people basically agree to it if you "allow google to use your location to blahblah" or whatever...thats what. I always thought at least.
    Again, im not bashing any of you to being concerned about it, just voicing my opinion. Feel free to correct/whatever you feel like doing lol
    Just sayin ;)