Oh Noes Carrier IQ!

Last Updated: 2011-12-09 07:21:06
  1. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member

Samsung Intercept, running Froyo 2.2. Downloaded the Carrier IQ Dector, and BAM, turns out I have it! Anyone else have it on some of ther other phones?

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I'll have to ask my daughter to test her unrooted VM Intercept. As for my OpV, I knew it wouldn't be on there due to the BACKside IHO CM7 rom I installed, but tested anyways just for giggles. Also tested my boyfriends Droid Eris from Verizon (not rooted).

Mine:
    [​IMG]

And my boyfriends Droid Eris:
    [​IMG]
  3. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

Unrooted OV. No CarrierIQ.
  4. melim

melim Disabled

:eek: His phone isn't rooted? How...I don't even...you must love him a lot. :p

Just tested mine with 3 of those apps and all 3 say I don't have it. Still not sure I trust the results...
  5. gadgetmonster

gadgetmonster Well-Known Member

Optimus Slider is clear......
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

lol If I bricked his phone I would be sleeping on the couch. I enjoy my snuggle time entirely too much to risk it hehe.
  7. melim

melim Disabled

8. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member

My new triumph does not have it. Rooted but stock ROM right now.
    My guess would be no VM phone will have it.
  9. [​IMG]
    motorola triumph
  10. UnixPimp

UnixPimp Well-Known Member

Which Carrier IQ detector did you use?

Lookout Labs Carrier IQ Detector
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.carrieriqdetector

Voodoo Carrier IQ Detector
    https://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.simplecarrieriqdetector

I would try them both to verify against false positive results.
  11. melim

melim Disabled

^Kinetoo has one as well.
    UnixPimp likes this.
  12. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm being rude or anything, but im sure this has been going on for way more time than before it was discovered on a device...and I never noticed any problems or anything. Heck, people basically agree to it if you "allow google to use your location to blahblah" or whatever...thats what. I always thought at least.
    Again, im not bashing any of you to being concerned about it, just voicing my opinion. Feel free to correct/whatever you feel like doing lol
    Just sayin ;)