• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh noes. First scratch!

taiguy

Jun 3, 2010
Took my EVO out of my pocket when I landed this morning and noticed that I have a horizontal scratch running across the back camera lens.

<sigh/:mad:

Not even sure where it came from or when it happened. Seems like it'd be way to easy to do though considering the phone rests on the camera lens when you place it on a flat surface.

I know this happens to all new toys - but I didn't even make it a week.

Took my EVO out of my pocket when I landed this morning and noticed that I have a horizontal scratch running across the back camera lens.

<sigh/:mad:

Not even sure where it came from or when it happened. Seems like it'd be way to easy to do though considering the phone rests on the camera lens when you place it on a flat surface.

I know this happens to all new toys - but I didn't even make it a week.

You may want to consider getting a case so that when you set your phone down it is not resting on the lens. Or you could get a universal screen protector and cut a small one out for your lens. I'm thinking about that myself.

Upvote 0
Those are the cars that scratched up first believe it or not.
Scary as it is, I think this is one of those mysterious things about our world. It's like looking at a tree on a motorcycle, you are going to hit the tree unless you look back at the path/road! Or depression, if you focus on it, you will become more depressed.

I had a friend who's daddy got him a brand new Lexus. He babied the hell out of it for the first week and even had it blessed (he's Hindi). Sure enough, it was broken into the very next weekend. Shattered the side window and got glass all over destroying the interior (alcantara) basically. After he had it back from the shop, he got read ended on the hwy a week later. It's like reverse karma or something. Being too over-bearing has its limits I guess. Don't mess with Karma!!
</rant type=spiritual>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones