Oh noes. First scratch!

Last Updated:

1. taiguy

taiguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Took my EVO out of my pocket when I landed this morning and noticed that I have a horizontal scratch running across the back camera lens.

<sigh/:mad:

Not even sure where it came from or when it happened. Seems like it'd be way to easy to do though considering the phone rests on the camera lens when you place it on a flat surface.

I know this happens to all new toys - but I didn't even make it a week.

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Suck, I'm sorry to hear. Did you test taking a picture yet? Is it affected?

If it's any consolation I noticed my back camera is off-center from the hole/paint. It doesn't interfere but looks darn close... Is anyone else's like that?

3. dandm4life

dandm4life Well-Known Member

You may want to consider getting a case so that when you set your phone down it is not resting on the lens. Or you could get a universal screen protector and cut a small one out for your lens. I'm thinking about that myself.

4. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

First scratch is always the worse. It's like a brand new car, you spend months parking at the far end of mall parking lots, taking up two spaces at a time. After a scratch or two you'll be parking in the subcompact spaces without care.

5. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Those are the cars that scratched up first believe it or not.

6. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

if anyone got a full body screen protector like ghost armor like i did. (it was a free upgrade for the screen only price) i just used the back cover since i got a seidio case and cut a circle about the size of the back lens and put it on there... stuck great, not a perfect circle but i don't care too much. the seidio case woudn't work with the back protector on anyway so instead of throwing it out, it provided a whole sheet to cut little circles out of to protect the lens :)

7. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Scary as it is, I think this is one of those mysterious things about our world. It's like looking at a tree on a motorcycle, you are going to hit the tree unless you look back at the path/road! Or depression, if you focus on it, you will become more depressed.

I had a friend who's daddy got him a brand new Lexus. He babied the hell out of it for the first week and even had it blessed (he's Hindi). Sure enough, it was broken into the very next weekend. Shattered the side window and got glass all over destroying the interior (alcantara) basically. After he had it back from the shop, he got read ended on the hwy a week later. It's like reverse karma or something. Being too over-bearing has its limits I guess. Don't mess with Karma!!
    </rant type=spiritual>