OH NOES! my screen broke

Last Updated:

1. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep, coming to work today it busted! fell on the cement! droid doesn't do cement! so i have some spiderweb-esque shatters on my screen. it still works perfect. I am using a diamond wireless insurance plan to replace it, will they make me give it back? I am paying 75 to do it. its mine right? i already have people wanting to buy it!

Advertisement
  2. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

no point of selling it. if they dont make you send it back (99% will), then the phone will be blacklisted so it cannot be activated,

3. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

As far as I know you get to keep it. Why would anyone want to buy a busted droid?

4. cokecan

cokecan Member

My brother in law sold his i-phone with a broken screen for $150

5. radikal

yep, people want it, why would they blacklist it? that makes no sense!

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Read your policy.
    Most insurance is ONLY for lost or stolen and they will black ball the ESN.
    It is yours but YOU broke it and you are paying a $75 copay for a $500+ phone.
    Do the math - and you are talking about selling it on the internet...

7. radikal

hmm, i can see what you are saying, but it happens all the time with tmobile

8. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

SIM cards man thats how they7 do it and that why tmobile phones get stolen all the time. the SIM has all your info not the phone

9. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

People might only want it for parts. So even if the ESN is blocked, someone might still want it.

10. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

This is why we can't have nice things... :(

11. Kazakaz

Kazakaz Well-Known Member

Not sure how that insurance works, but my cousin has Asurion, and he dropped his phone in the toilet. They rushed him a brand new phone in a retail box, but required him to send the broken phone back. They didn't request the charger or memory card though.

12. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

You'll have to send it back. You may get to keep the battery however. I order Verizon (and AT&T) phones for my company and we always have to send back the unit when we do exchanges or warranties. They let us keep the battery though which is cool you'll just get a spare now!

13. radikal

well i don't have to sent it back persay! i do have to TAKE it back and i can return it to the kiosk for a new one, no wait time! Doing that thursday! going to ask whats going to happen to the battery and additional sd card!

NOW, i doubt any of that will happen, but hey, what needs to happen is me getting a case! what will help me, what are some good ones!? any that have rubber? i do not want to spend and EXTRA 75 bucks! help?

14. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Well-Known Member

Be wary that cases tend to make the sliding a lot stiffer, thus possibly damaging the sliding mechanism. At least most cases do, anyone know if the Seidio Innocase does too?

15. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

Try the shell/holster combo or the sedio equivilant. I use the S/H and I'm a plumber, constantly banging the phone into walls and such or hitting it with a ladder, no damage. The screen faces in so it's protected by the hard plastic (rubberized) holster. The only thing that is slightly exposed is the camera and loud speaker.

16. iLollar

iLollar Active Member

thinkmobilesolutions.com bought a rubber protecter w/o stupid belt clip. Still slides great and only cost $12. Free shipping in the states.

17. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

spare parts maybe? I read an article the other day that the parts for the N1 added up to about $174

18. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

radikal, so sorry to hear this, but very happy you have insurance & this won't end badly. Bought insurance for mine & my wife's Droids yesterday, ON the 30th day!!

I used to take apart Razor V3ms & K1ms and fix them up (cracked glass, buzzing speakers, loose jacks, ect.). People also buy busted screen phones (or just cosmetically fubarred) to test hacking efforts.

19. radikal

yeah, i cant sell my phone blah! but i am probably going to have my wife sew me a good sleeve! not a case or a holder, but a sleeve. some people use them and i figure i can get it for virtually free :) it will drop and have a cushion and not break... (I HOPE IT DOESN'T DROP AGAIN)