• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh Yeah...DirecTV Football Fans Rejoice!

yankeeboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
New York
Just got the email from DirecTV. DirectTV NFL SuperFan now available for Android!!! :D

I had this on my BlackBerry Tour before switching over a few weeks ago, and can honestly say that this application was the main reason I waited so long.

LIVE, STREAMING NFL GAMES, HIGHLIGHTS, Etc...

You must be a subscriber to both the NFL Sunday Ticket as well as the Superfan package - if you have both, you have full access to all the games on the package. Watch live streams of every NFL SUNDAY TICKET

A lot of money if you don't already have DirectTV. They should release a mobile specific version at a lower rate.

Agreed. It seems DTV is missing out on a lot of potential profit by refusing to break up packages. I won't pay $199 to see every NFL game, but I would pay $25 per team to see a few specific teams. DTV could get $75 more a year from me (and a lot of people I know, as well), but they miss out because they don't offer that option. Same thing with mobile - a lot of people who won't pay for the whole package would pay for mobile-only service. Spread that across all the various sports, and that's some serious income they're not realizing.

Upvote 0
Agreed. It seems DTV is missing out on a lot of potential profit by refusing to break up packages. I won't pay $199 to see every NFL game, but I would pay $25 per team to see a few specific teams. DTV could get $75 more a year from me (and a lot of people I know, as well), but they miss out because they don't offer that option. Same thing with mobile - a lot of people who won't pay for the whole package would pay for mobile-only service. Spread that across all the various sports, and that's some serious income they're not realizing.

I would THINK that the major sports leagues are getting savvy to this...with the release of the NBA League Pass on Android/iPhone, I would expect to see the other leagues doing this as well...

At the same time, I agree that DirecTV would have larger revenues should the "A La Carte" NFL Sunday Ticket, yet for annual customers, you just need to threaten to cancel and they cut the price to $150 - $30/mo for all the NFL games in HD, Superfan access and Mobile Access...thats a pretty good deal. If you have a neighbor that likes football, split the cost (thats what I do).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones