1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Yeah...DirecTV Football Fans Rejoice!

Last Updated:

1. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the email from DirecTV. DirectTV NFL SuperFan now available for Android!!! :D

I had this on my BlackBerry Tour before switching over a few weeks ago, and can honestly say that this application was the main reason I waited so long.

LIVE, STREAMING NFL GAMES, HIGHLIGHTS, Etc...

You must be a subscriber to both the NFL Sunday Ticket as well as the Superfan package - if you have both, you have full access to all the games on the package. Watch live streams of every NFL SUNDAY TICKET

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Saw it on the market today, cant wait till tomorrow to fully check it out. I had it on my iphone, it's great that DirecTV kept Androids in mind as well.

3. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

A lot of money if you don't already have DirectTV. They should release a mobile specific version at a lower rate.

4. Tiggercat

Tiggercat Member

Agreed. It seems DTV is missing out on a lot of potential profit by refusing to break up packages. I won't pay $199 to see every NFL game, but I would pay $25 per team to see a few specific teams. DTV could get $75 more a year from me (and a lot of people I know, as well), but they miss out because they don't offer that option. Same thing with mobile - a lot of people who won't pay for the whole package would pay for mobile-only service. Spread that across all the various sports, and that's some serious income they're not realizing.

5. MileHighAko

MileHighAko Member

This is fantastic! I am a superfan subscriber (seriously, EVERY NFL game in HD, if you love football it is cheaper than going to a single game), and so this app ROCKS for me for when I'm traveling on Sunday, at church, or otherwise not in front of the TV. Cool stuff.

6. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would THINK that the major sports leagues are getting savvy to this...with the release of the NBA League Pass on Android/iPhone, I would expect to see the other leagues doing this as well...

At the same time, I agree that DirecTV would have larger revenues should the "A La Carte" NFL Sunday Ticket, yet for annual customers, you just need to threaten to cancel and they cut the price to $150 - $30/mo for all the NFL games in HD, Superfan access and Mobile Access...thats a pretty good deal. If you have a neighbor that likes football, split the cost (thats what I do).

7. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

I just got my Motorola Droid...my biggest gripe, why does the game "stretch" to fit the screen instead of just displaying in OAR? All the 4:3 material is stretched and looks horrible. Any ideas if it's possible to change this action?