• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ohio customers. How is the service for you?

Hello, as a soon to be android user I'm looking for some feedback from some current users in Ohio. I guess my biggest question is, is it worth the money? I don't want to start a debate over the $10 surcharge.

I currently have an LG Lotus and am due for an upgrade next month. I will most likely keep it stock for a while until I get used to the phone.

I would like to hear from as many folks as possible, from stock users to the folks with fully rooted phones.

The nearest big city to me is Cincinnati and that is 50 miles away so I sincerely doubt I would have access to any 4G speeds.

I will probably go with the EVO 4G.

Thanks in advance!!!

Technically I live in Indiana, but am in Ohio all the time.

I've always had great coverage and service in the SW part of the state, goto Dayton/Cincy few times a month and good 3G speeds.

If you ever do cross the border to IN, it's not officially listed, but Connersville and New Castle both have 4G. And of course, Cincy and Columbus.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I'm in the Youngstown area and I've been completely happy with Sprint. Wish I would've switched from t-mobile sooner. My advice would be to wait for the Evo 3d which should be available in the next month. At this point I wouldn't buy an android phone that wasn't dual core. I have the evo 4g and I will be upgrading when the 3d is released.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones