OK, before the froyo update hits....Tips

Last Updated:

1. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned This Topic's Starter

I know everyone is excited about the up coming update, but please understand there will be problems. So a few words of caution.

First, do not be the first one to install the update if you can not or do not want your phone bricked. There is a really good chance that there will be a bricked phone. This first one in the water always gets eat by the shark.

Secondly, backup everything. Do a search for backup software. If you are not doing a full back up. Then at less your contacts.

As far as I know it is not required, but I am going to do a full reset before updating to froyo. This will remove user error out of the equation. I can not have a bad program on the phone if my phone is as much as possible like the test phones.

Inthe same category as above. If you have not done an OS upgrade for Android, do not let this one be your first today. Please wait until Tuesday and all of the other testers went first.

Last time we had an update a lot of people installed it that should have waited,please remember that.

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

+1
    I was thinking of doing the same thing. Good advice.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I hope people have the sense and patience to listen to this fine advice.

5. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

NEVAH, I'm hacking the OTA servers right now, I going to find a seeder and get my FroYo TODAY!!!

I wish, I got a FroYo Boner.

6. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Could someone please elaborate more on what to use to backup our EVOs? Also will we most likely have to re download all of our apps? Especially our paid apps? I am not very computer savvy so if ya could dumb it down that would be great. Thank u

7. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/137244-whats-good-backup-app.html

We don't know for sure if this update is going to wipe our phones or not. But as we have been discussing in this thread, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just go ahead and wipe them manually.

If your phone is wiped then yes, you will have to reinstall everything, but click the link above for more info on how to backup, and what to use to backup, in order to make reinstallation as easy as possible.

8. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Most important thing mentioned - wait for others to try the update first and then do the update after Sprint's had a chance to get feedback and fix minor bugs before OTA push.

I made a point not to overload my Evo with stuff so I can back it all up. Contacts backed up via Sense connected to PC so no issue there.

Tuesday can't come fast enough!

9. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Mutation of Y2K hystreia lives on ...

10. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned This Topic's Starter

neoevo how is this hysteria?