• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK Google doesn't work from lock screen anymore??

Moto Voice will, yes. But I REALLY want my google back. The OK Google now only works from the lock screen if the phone is charging. If I wanted to always be connected to the charger, I would have bought a Samsung!;)

I know it's not a particularly active forum these days, but I had to whine somewhere!

Upvote 0
But Moto Voice does the same thing OK Google does if it's not a special Motorola command. (So, if your catch phrase is "OK Droid Turbo", then saying, "OK Droid Turbo, what time is the Women's World Cup semifinal game on TV tonight?" should give the same answer as the Google search app's "OK Google, etc." from anywhere, including the lockscreen, including when the phone is on battery.)

The special Moto commands are things like "What's Up?" to read off unread notifications, etc.

Unless I am missing something...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones