• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OK Google search brings up last Chrome page

Hi all, I hope someone can help me with this. I have reinstalled my OS once due to this happening as it is maddening. I click on the Google search widget on my home screen or say OK Google. I enter a search term and it comes up with the search results just fine. I then click on one of the results and it jumps to Chrome and shows the last page I was looking at on Chrome. If I hit back I see the correct result. If there are no tabs open in Chrome it will open in Chrome correctly but if there are any open tabs it will jump to the top of those instead. Restarting the phone works temporarily but it comes back. I have installed FF and changed the default browser to that but OK Google searches still open up in Chrome with the same problem.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Phil

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones