Ok, I had the blue light once....

Last Updated:

1. Reddog DL

Reddog DL Member This Topic's Starter

....and I had no clue what it was until I checked the nav bar, and saw it was a facebook update... wow, I thought, maybe they fixed the facebook app in the background without forcing me to update.

Haven't seen the blue light since, and it has been 2 days and 7-9 notifications later.

Any idea when they will fix the facebook app? Or better yet, any idea how I got it to light up once randomly? It was somebody posting a comment on my wall post fyi (and the notifications still don't refresh in the app itself).

Also, why can't I view linked youtube videos from other peoples comments? Obviously the droid can use youtube, so it seems odd that they wouldn't let you watch posted videos.

Advertisement
  2. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

why dont you e-mail facebook about it? did you set up facebook to refresh often? you know that it doesnt update you on notifications right? only messages, pokes, friend requests and event invites. you know by saying "ok i had the blue light once" doesn't really give anyone a clue what youre talking about in the title right?

3. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

I have not had this trouble with the latest update. I had to manually update it through market myself... it didn't tell me there was an update available.

facebook for android:

[​IMG]

4. Reddog DL

Reddog DL Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I realize I could have been more descriptive.

Just out of curiosity though, how many of you have working notifications pages on your facebook app? Mine "refreshes" the same old ones every time.

Also, I tested the messaging and it did in fact light up again. Is there any way to have it blink with notifications as well?

Thanks

5. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

what i had described is all that its capable of doing...incase you didnt know by now...the facebook app sucks...horribly ...youre better off relying on the e-mails you get from facebook

6. GtRacerH

GtRacerH Well-Known Member

The facebook app is a complete waste to me. I just use the facebook full site through the browser instead. a bit of a pain sometimes but better than the useless app.

7. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member

I dont mind the app all that much, but WHY DON'T NOTIFICATIONS WORK?!? So frustrating...and yet it seems like it would be so simple.

8. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

yeah, the only thing its really good for is just browsing through your news feed and looking at peoples pictures...pretty much stops after that

9. Yong

Yong Member

the blue light might have been from handcent. you can customize light colors for text msgs if u have handcent

10. chasgregory

chasgregory New Member

Ok, I was wondering the same thing. It can easily be adjusted. Go into the preloaded facebook app. Then from the main screen go to the menu, then setting then you may choose what you want to get notifications for ETC. Near the bottom is one that says display LED light. Make sure that is on and you will get the blue light.

11. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

I have the Blue Light for Meebo.... Didnt even know it was blue every lol.

12. chasgregory

chasgregory New Member

I thought the Meebo light was purple...At least it is for me...

13. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

Gee thanks! Sorry about that I'm color blind, lol. My bad.

*facepalm* should have asked the girlfriend first before posting lmfao

14. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

I just emailed the Devs through the Android page on Facebook. I wont hold my breath for a reply...it probably will never be answered.

15. chasgregory

chasgregory New Member

Haha, thats Okay! No big deal.