Ok, I need a new case

Last Updated:

1. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just had my second body glove case go kerput. I'm just glad it was the top part that decided to die, or I'd have lost my phone.

I'm looking for any case that can do the belt clip thing that the body glove one does. (rotating is important)

I'm thinking http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/hlmtddasc.htm with the innocase. Only downside there is it will be like $60 for the bunch. Is that case worth it?

Advertisement
  2. mek_man

mek_man Member

The case in my honest opinion is the best one out there. I have tried a few and nothing really compares to it. I hear ya about the high cost. Try amazon.com or ebay as they have the Innocase on there for cheaper. I will try to find a link for a cheaper price..

Amazon usually has free shipping too.

3. mek_man

mek_man Member

4. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

I have the case and holster combo for $50 and I really like it. I have always liked Seidio holsters and have had them for all my smart phones. I'm real temperamental about cases after having one cause my slider to loosen up on my htc apache. i didnt like the body glove because mine was causing tension on the screen so the slider was tight which I could live with, but it was making my screen separate from the slider, which I didn't like. I don't see any indication of that with the innocase.

5. JKaiz

JKaiz Well-Known Member

6. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

not to discourage anyone from using amazon (i would have used them had i seen this!) but seidio did have a bad batch of cases that they have stopped shipping. my initial guess would be to be cautious ordering from a third party, as they might still be shipping the flawed ones. Just pay attention to the fit of your case when you receive it. I don't recall specifically the issue but i think it was the front cover not fitting properly.

7. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

Ive got the SeidoInnocase and its soo much better then the bodyglove, which I had before.

8. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member

I ordered the Innocase after looking at reviews. I specifically asked the Salesperson if I would get the new, redesigned case. She told me yes (even assured me) that they had just got a new shipment in. :)

No such luck, case arrived and the top piece wouldnt stay on. I jumped on the customer service chat and she knew what phone I had before I said it. :mad:

She said they were still shipping old cases because "they dont know if people have the 'new' DROID or the 'old' one. They blame Motorola for changing the design......... :mad:

She RMA'd a new top piece for me -- on FEB 17. I'm still waiting. According to the tracking I may have it tomorrow. When I asked why it hadnt shipped first class like my order she said they had just switched to parcel post a couple of days ago. :mad:

The bottom is very nice. If the new top is as nice (AND FITS RIGHT) I'll be very happy. Otherwise these folks will get an earful.:confused:

I'll let you know what happens. :D

9. Mhogan35

Mhogan35 Active Member

Had the Body Glove, it broke. Got the Seido, and I absolutely love it!!

10. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am sorry about that your experience and would like to help! Have you received your case yet? If so, did it fit properly?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Regards,

vbhokiefan likes this.
  11. csdonotcross

csdonotcross New Member

I always shop for cell phone accessories on a website called cellphoneshop.net. I have purchased numerous times from them and have never been disappointed. If you wanted to purchase a body glove for the Motorola Droid for cheap, they are $19.99. I know that you said that it broke but at that price you could buy two and have one on stand by. If you purchase atleast $30 the shipping is free. I have never had a problem getting enough for the free shipping! If you do purchase with them, make sure that you put that code freeship in before you put in all of your credit card info because it is kind of tricky. Put in freeship and update, then your card info. Hope this helps.

12. SeismicWorm

SeismicWorm Member

I, too, ordered the Seidio Innocase from Amazon and the front bezel cover did not fit. I struggled for 30 minutes trying to get it on and it would not snap on at all. It just kept popping out so I initated an RMA with Amazon.

Amazon shipped out the newer Seidio Innocase the same day via overnight UPS shipping (at no cost since I have Amazon Prime) and apologized for this misfit which obviously came from a bad batch of Droid Innocases. The newer one came in today and it popped on in just a second and has been perfect so far. I noticed that the "older" front cover had those "hooks" (for lack of a better description/term) that "grabs" the bottom of the edges of the screen, barely protuding at all. The newer one has a more protuding "hooks" that allows it to latch on to the screen of the Droid.

I love the Innocase and am debating returning the OEM multimedia cradle and getting the Seido one so I can use it by my bedside without taking the case off.

13. vbhokiefan

Not yet, but wow, thanks for the response. Nice to see MFG support on here. I'll let ya know when I get it :) :)

14. vbhokiefan

sigh. no case again today :(

15. ac3smith

ac3smith Member

I just broke down and purchased the innocase with the belt clip. I liked the belt clip for my blackberry and have not been disappointed with it for the droid. The case seems pretty good, I did not have one before. I definitely feel like the phone is protected and it has a nice feel to it. The combo is very solid, so I am extremely satisfied.

I got my combo on amazon for about $44 shipped.

16. vbhokiefan

So the replacement top piece finally came Saturday. Snapped right in place, perfectly. The niceness of the case almost makes me forget about the issues with the customer service/shipping. Thanks to seidioseidio for the communication on here.

17. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Hello!

We are glad to see that you received the case and again we apologize for your experience. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

18. wdf

wdf Member

Motorola Droid Case

[​IMG]OEM Verizon Motorola Droid PREMIUM SHELL HOLSTER COMBO - eBay (item 150400155254 end time Mar-24-10 16:26:42 PDT)

I purchased this (click link above) case off eBay, and it works great. It comes in 3 pieces; one fits around the top part and one fits around the bottom of the phone. The 3rd piece is a holster with a revolving clip to carry the phone. It offers complete protection for the edges on top and makes the phone feel very secure.

The case is a perfect fit for the Motorola Droid and does not interfer with the sliding of the phone. It looks better than the eBay picture and offers significant protection if dropped. Any of the three parts are worth the $11.88 price. Shipping is free and you get quick delivery.

It fits in your pocket very nicely without the holster. I don't think it will fit in most docking stations. There are some good pictures of the case at the bottom of the eBay ad.