OK its officialSupport

Last Updated:

1. lunchbox11790

lunchbox11790 Active Member This Topic's Starter

**** android.
    **** Samsung.
    They are both terrible, I have had this phone for about half a year and I absolutely hate it. The worst thing I ever purchased. I was all hyped up like wow maybe 2.1 will actually do something and make my phone usuable instead of a incredibly heavy paper weight... but no. Now after the update, I have the phone on for like 20 seconds and the radio in it malfunctions and I cant use the internet anymore. No more phone calls, no more text message, no more web. I swear to GOD! Never again will I buy from sprint, from samsung, or from android. I have to ****ing buy a cricket phone because its more reliable... and its not like this is the first moment I have gotten either, this is the third. All of them had problems and every one sprint sends me it seems like the problems get worse. I cant even download a ****ing app. Does anyone wanna see me smash it or something? Im pretty damn close... So much of my time is wasted over this ****. I hope that anyone looking into buying a moment sees this thread. DONT DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Don't bottle it all up. Tell us how you really feel. :)

Rumor is that if you keep getting Sprint to replace the phone, eventually they'll offer to just give you a different phone.

As for not being able to download from the market, that seems to be a market problem, not anything with the phone, as people with all sorts of phones are having the problem.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Feel better now?

I'm not saying this phone is all world, but it's not that bad. It sounds like you need to get that particular Moment swapped out. Good luck!

4. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

I've never had the radio issue with my phone. I've had to reset my phone a couple times because of the lockup, but nothing major.

5. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the OP. I'm very happy with my Moment. Sure it would be nice to have Live WallPapers and Pinch to Zoom and 3D gallery, but whatever. I came from the Samsung Instinct...so I know first hand, what a crappy phone is like. My Moment is NOTHING like that. Also, don't be hatin' on Android. Android isn't your problem...it's a software platform. You need to lay your blame at Sammy's feet. Sprint doesn't do anything but brand the phone, add their apps, and sell you the Service. Samsung does everything else.

6. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

I too am overall happy with my Moment. Coming from the Palm Centro, this phone is leaps & bounds better. That's not to say it is without issues, but in reading this forum and others, where is this "perfect" phone available that everyone wants? I'd have to say that it's not available, otherwise why don't everyone that is so displeased with this phone simply go get one of these "perfect" phones.

7. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Yup I agree with the majority here.... I still love my Moment, and feel it is a great phone, the best I have ever owned by far!

8. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Loving my moment, too. But I do have Live Wallpapers and 3D Gallery. I couldn't care less about pinch to zoom, though, because I don't see where I'd use it.

Had mine for 6 months and haven't had the problems some people continuously rant about. Not saying they're not valid but you have to think that for every one person who rants and is vocal about it, there are at least five or more who are happy with their phones who don't speak up.

Of course I live at sdx forums so my phone's a little more advanced than stock...

9. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I bet that number is alot higher actually.

10. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I'm moderately satisfied with my phone, I'm just also picky. And pissed off about the flaws because I think they could/should have been avoided.

11. juanstah

juanstah Active Member

Your rant skills are on par with mine. Excellent! LOL!

12. juanstah

juanstah Active Member

13. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

For every 100 happy ones there are two whom aren't happy! I like it. Been fortunate not to have many any issues. All phones have it happen. Hope you next choice works out better for you!

14. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

The perfect phone is coming, unfortunately none of us will live long enough to see it.

15. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

sounds like you got a lemon, my phone has its issues but it is by far better than any other phone I have owned, as for android sucking, you have only the moment to compare, nothing else, my buddy has the droid and it rocks.

16. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I love rant threads because no matter what it is, you can plug in any device in to it and have the same thoughts...

I hate my BlackBerry Storm because it won't make phone calls.
    I hate my Touch Pro 2 because it shipped with 6.1 and 6.5 is already out.
    I hate my iPhone because I have to jailbreak it to get it to do some basic functions.
    I hate my Droid's keyboard.
    I hate my xxxxxxxxx....

See, it's the same with EVERY device out there - and it seems to get worse when the next gen stuff is coming soon. I know its hard when smartphones go bad, but seriously, I have never owned one that was perfect - and if I ever do, I will NEVER upgrade from it.

Moto Q - 10 minute battery life - no document editor
    BlackBerry Pearl - screen is too small
    BlackBerry Curve - not enough RAM
    BlackBerry Storm - can't make calls had to reset 3-5 times a day to clear RAM
    Moto Droid - horrible keyboard
    HTC Touch Pro 2 - sluggish after 6.5 update - poorish battery life (6 hours of use)
    Droid Incredible - no physical keypad, bit laggy after a few days
    Samsung Moment - bluish screen, poor battery life (5 hours)
    HTC Hero - trackball sucked, no keyboard

I guess if they would box an EVO with a 1/3" extra for the physical keyboard - and give it a full gig of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and SD support, it might be the closest thing to perfect as can be - unless the battery sucks on that too!

17. juanstah

juanstah Active Member

Agreed. The EVO with a physical keyboard would have been PERFECT!! But unless I'm not in the loop, I"m not aware of such bling.

18. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

+1 ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
    Without it though I think might be a deal breaker for me. I didn't think I'd like a physical keyboard, but the Moment's is just so easy to use. (even with the Quirks) I haven't tried the Swype keyboard yet (that might be a mind changer) guess I should give it a try before giving up on the EVO.

19. Mr Jones

Mr Jones Member

I'm actually having a decent time with the Sammy Moment. I purchased it because it had a full qwerty keyboard, nice bright screen, upgradable ram (SD card), I could get company email, the camera flash makes a good flashlight, and I'd finally have a tip calculator again!

I'm coming from a Nokia N95 8GB, which has a far superior camera, had some kickass 3D games, better video playback, built in FM radio, (personally) better call quality, better speakerphone, and could display images and video via component cable. It was also hella laggy scrolling through images, no qwerty keyboard, no touchscreen, very outdated symbian OS, very limited app store through Ovi, and no upgradable memory.

I sometimes miss my N95, but I'm pretty pleased with the Moment. If it had the same keyboard "joypad" as the Cliq, and a 5mp camera, it would be a must have phone.

20. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Rumor is true, I went through 7 Moments with all of them having the same problem (I knew not one of them would provide different results, so I just had to chew through them as fast as possible. I.E. radio lockouts). Then I got my Hero. Not one radio lockout here since I got it, even after 2.1.

Also, I occasionally have a market download problem, but it clears up within about 30 seconds. Here on the Moment, however, it is entirely due to the hardware. The radio in it sucks wind whenever you give it a moderately daunting task (download over 2mb at once, DEAR LORD!!!) and gives out. All I can say is this: it was fun while it lasted, but until Samsung can make an Android phone that can work properly, I will always view them as fail.

21. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

22. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I will agree mostly with the OP. All of the updates seem to make my phone better in some areas and worse in others. I have never had the "cheek dial" issue until 2.1. If you adjust volume during a call(who doesn't) it activates the screen and it is "live". This did not happen before 2.1. My phone has actually become more laggy since the update. I now have battery issues since the update....very similar to pre cl14. I have had 4 "pocket warmer" events where the battery drained in less than two hours with a 50 degree battery(damn near fire) per spare parts. My wife's phone is about 10 times worse....unable to hang up on calls to lockups to cheek dialing issues....the list goes on.

Do I hate this phone...No. But my wife hates the shit out of hers and I will be going to Sprint today. This phone has almost driven me to the iPhone....that is how bad it is for us. We are not due for an update until 11/1. I don't think I can wait that long and I know she can't. The fact that her phone is not smashed or at the bottom of the lake is a miracle.

23. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

When you see these horrible expletive filled posts, like the OPs here, you are dealing with a drama queen. They will lie, break things on purpose or ignore good advice in order to have things to crusade against. They don't feel happy unless they are playing the victim. Best to just laugh at them and move on, you can't help useless people.

derebigg likes this.
  24. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

My wife would disagree with you. She did the same thing and wants her Centro back. I'm also fed up with my Moment.

25. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

I haven't had a day's problems out of my Moment. I even get 12 hours of battery life with normal usage.