Ok.. just rooted

Last Updated:

1. random155

random155 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I finally rooted my dinc. My main objectives with this is to get better battery life, faster charging, 3G hotspot while keeping most of the features of FROYO... there are so many threads to go through, so I hope someone can just point me in the right direction, without saying "search is your friend".

THANKS!!!

Advertisement
  2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

download titanium backup, rom manager, and busybox..

install busybox, do a full backup, load up rom manager and install virtuous 3.0.1 battery saving options.... and the virtuous custom v2 kernel....

I charged my phone night before last, bump charged it, and used the shit out of it yesterday. didnt charge it last night, used the shit out of it today, and am still at 41% battery.

but there are TONS of other roms out there and kernels out there.. now all you have to do is play around.. just make sure you do a backup. if you are installing a new rom, do a full wipe after downloading.... then you can truly see how they each will help/hurt battery life.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Get the paid version of Titanium Backup. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum. Some quality threads in there to get you started.

4. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

+1 to buying titanium backup. It makes things so much easier.

Check out my site in my sig, I put everything in one easy location