ok just tried my buddy's iphone 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. droido256

droido256 Member This Topic's Starter

I pit my droid(bb .4) against my buddy's I phone 4 my droid with loading flash was faster! Hahahahaha hilarious! Froyo rocks

Advertisement
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

3. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

the super cool story bro is over done, gotta throw something newer out there, like this:

[​IMG]

4. droido256

LOL, I just thought it was funny to see my friends face, when my older phone edged his out(I ran the stock 550 too!)

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

The iPhone, as overrated as it is, has it's upsides. It at this time has a ton more apps than Android does. But it is just a matter of time before Android does to, or so I am hoping. But to the op, um, I would imagine your Droid loaded flash faster than his iPhone, seeing as the iPhone don't even have a flash player yet.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Goldwinger

Goldwinger New Member

I would agree, the Iphone has more apps, but really, how many darn calculators can you use. I think a more useful measurement would be how many different type apps do they have. Me thinks the number would draw even closer then.;)

8. jree

jree Well-Known Member

He wasn't imply it that it loads flash faster, he was saying that even though android can load flash on pages and iphone can't his phone was still faster.

9. jree

jree Well-Known Member

To the OP, did you guys test this with wifi or did you use networks cause that the real test on who's is faster

10. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Funny because I tried out my girlfriend's Droid running Froyo and my iPhone 4 and was blown away that Froyo wasn't as magically fast as it people claimed it to be. Underperformed my iPhone 4 by a long shot.

11. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Doing a terrible job...

12. jree

jree Well-Known Member

I like that you say that cause on the same wifi with eclair, I'm loading up just as fast as my buddies old i4 which he traded for a galaxy s. I haven't even gotten froyo yet so I could only imagine what that would do up against an i4.

13. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

Try again with one of the NEWER Android devices...I think the tables will turn a bit ;)

14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Also the OP is running a custom Froyo ROM too. Bugless Beast does have some fast, stable ROMs...

15. Intervenient

By stating an observation? :rolleyes:

Except that we weren't discussing a NEWER Android device ;)

16. Bnice

Bnice Guest

@Intervenient
    You love defending your iphone i see..but it is over hype you must admit,not that its a bad phone but many try to make that phone out to far above the rest of the smart phones when its not.

17. jree

jree Well-Known Member

He was referring to your signature. You can't bridge a gap when you judgement is clouded by fanboyism.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but after reading several of your posts, it just seemed like you were always an iphone fanboy but bought an android so you can always use the arguement that "hey, I owned one so its alright if I bash it".

And the orignal poster wasn't talking about a stock droid, he was talking about a rooted Droid running a custom ROM thats overclocked.

And I agree with him, iphone 4 is all hype. Nothing special. It barely does the main job that a phone should do. Thats why my buddy traded his phone for a galaxy S. His iphone dropped important business calls constantly.

18. Intervenient

I'm well aware he was referring to my signature. It wasn't a fanboy clouded judgement, it was one I made when I was using my girlfriend's Droid running 2.2. If the iPhone 4 was running slower I would have posted "Yes I noticed this too"

Did you read the posts in which I praised aspects of Android, such as it's notification system, and the dev community, or perhaps just the posts you WANTED to read? If the latter, I ask you to re-read some of my posts, because you can't judge a persons argument when you're judgement is clouded by fanboyism.

You have to be a fanboy if you honestly, 100% believe that the iPhone 4 is all hype. I've made several phone calls, texts, emails, etc, so I'd have to say it's working pretty darn good as a cell phone, not to mention all the great and polished apps that are designed to work with my phone. I hope your friend enjoys the Galaxy S, it's a great phone if that's what he's in the market for. Every phone isn't without it's faults, and I've had none that I had with my Captivate with my iPhone 4.

Cheers.

19. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how to get out of the Junior High School section of these forums?

NightAngel79 likes this.
  20. Niir

Niir Well-Known Member

well blame samsung for making rubbish software =P with stock android the galaxy s would be the best phone on the market no question.

21. jree

jree Well-Known Member

No I didn't read all your posts, I didn't even do a search. I was talking about from just randomly going into threads and seeing your posts. I really could care less about anybody on a forum to do an actual search about what somebody has said in the past.

So your gf's phone is over clocked also? Cause if its not than your pretty much comparing your Corvette to a 535i instead of an M5. Clearly not the same device but you felt the need to defend your i4.

I could never justify waiting in line for hours over a phone. And then when you finally get it, it has a major flaw. Just doesn't make sense. Thats the definition of hype right there. No phone is worth that.

22. Intervenient

No it was not overclocked, but I've ran mods on it before, and, while faster, the battery fails in comparison. I fail to see where I felt the need to defend my phone. I added in my perspective after playing with my girlfriend's phone. If it was faster, I'd have come in this topic saying "Yes, I noticed this today as well".

I forwent the waiting in line part :) I agree, the launch of this phone was entirely ridiculous. As for the antenna issue, I was one of the more vocal "haters" on the Apple forums I go to, but when I actually got my phone, it's antenna was fine. It does seem that some of these phones actually don't have the problem with the antenna, or perhaps a new coat of non-conductive material was put on the newer batches.

23. droido256

strange, droid x vs iphone 4, with the exception of the screen, blows away the iphone 4 by miles. IOS4 to me seems clunky, and slow kinda like windows vista, hey at least lol I dont need a case to make a phone call.

24. droido256

wifi first, then networks. The iphone 4 edged a bit closer through wifi

25. droido256

I could never justify waiting in line for hours over a phone. And then when you finally get it, it has a major flaw. Just doesn't make sense. Thats the definition of hype right there. No phone is worth that.[/QUOTE]

Ugh GAWD no, esp for something that will be outmoded in 2 months

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.