OK LETS HAVE SOME FUN! (and an experiment!)

1. Imperio

Imperio Well-Known Member

Anyone that already knows us here will understand we LOVE this forum and the people we meet!

Now...we want to try a little experiment (if you are all game :eek:) and have some fun...

At last look there are currently 1060 x of you good people connected to this section of the forum...We have just posted up a new FREE version of Imperio called 'lite'

It's only just gone on the store so is currently nowhere, not even regstering, ziltch, zero....

Now for the fun + science...We wonder if you all went and downloaded it what would happen? where would it end up...how many does it take to break in to the top lists??? we don't know either...:rolleyes:

LETS FIND OUT shall we.....!!!!

Would be very useful (to help with the science), if you can just reply to this thread once you have been and downloaded - then we know the numbers to make our calculations! cool eh?

hooray!!!!! hope you will play...be interesting + you know you have all played a part in making something happen

Download it FREE here... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.imperiolite.rdp&feature=search_result

We will keep you all posted about 'live' progress our end from Imperio HQ ...:cool:

Advertisement
    sparcflash likes this.
  2. Dr.Droid

Dr.Droid Member

Okay...really cool idea...I'm in and can confirm I just got mine!
    Imperio likes this.
  3. droidst

droidst Member

You are such a cool developer Imperio and your interaction here with us all...I already have the Pro version but just got free'd up too!

Great experiment! be interesting to see...
    Imperio likes this.
  4. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

Looks like an amazing app... I am guessing that it won't work for me. My PC is simply ONLY connected to a DSL Modem, and my phone is only connected via 3G.

That's gotta be one of the best App ideas I have even seen.
    Imperio likes this.
  5. Imperio

You should be all okay ClubSteeler - go get it and try, we will help you out if you get stuck ..
  6. Imperio

Thanks dr DROID and droidst
  7. piertown

piertown Well-Known Member

Wouldn't work with my mac but great customer suport though
    Imperio likes this.
  8. Imperio

Yep, sorry piertown...support for MAC is in the works...due this year...
  9. sparcflash

sparcflash Member

I've been meaning to check this out for a while now...thanks for the free version!
    Imperio likes this.
  10. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Thanks heaps - I have looked at a few remote desktop apps but most of them you cannot try before you buy!! I will give it a go in the next week or so.

DaveSyd
    Imperio likes this.
  11. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Can't register, so can't download the PC server. The site keeps popping up my street (doesn't even say why) while there 's nothing wrong with it.
    Imperio likes this.
  12. Imperio

Greetings vosg - we will have our support team fix-you-up! :cool:
    vosg likes this.
  13. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

Hi

Is it Ubuntu compatible?
    Imperio likes this.
  14. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Wouldn't let me download it on my Nexus S :(

Got it on my gTablet though. Love it so far. I was skeptical to purchase the pro version before, but now that I tried it and know how good it is I'll probably get the pro version for the file copying :)
    Imperio likes this.
  15. Imperio

Awesome...this kind of news really gives us all here a big boost (really!)

Thanks dude!
    barqers likes this.
  16. Imperio

So wish we could say 'to be sure' and do a Riverdance Goreygirl...but alas not support quite yet...but is in dev ;)
  17. wygant97

wygant97 Member

I'm in and can confirm I just got mine! [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Imperio likes this.
  18. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Honestly, are there no better ways to advertise?
  19. Imperio

Wygant Great to meet you and thanks for your support! Some initial reports coming soon...
  20. Imperio

If one is indeed advertising....Yes, there are far better ways.
    Dr.Droid likes this.
  21. Dr.Droid

Dr.Droid Member

Szadzik - no idea what your problem is...this developer if you follow all of their threads goes out of their way (alot!) to give the users on this forum an engaging experience that's actually rather fun, no other does this...we also get...

-Their latest news before it hits anywhere else it seems
    -The best deals, than anywhere else!
    -We have a developer here that can most likely help any of us with Android related questions
    -The forum members here get priority support!

man what's up with you???...no wonder more developers don't come amongst us. This dev breaks the mould with the way they interact with us here and I can tell you have 1st class software, support and are generally a great team of people from my experience, no-doubt others here can say the same?

It is not us doing them a favour, it is the other way around - a free version of Imperio - gees, I mean why wouldn't you!!??? + if you end up helping out these guys get up the ladder a little bit too - well great! they deserve it!
    droidst and Imperio like this.
  22. antoeknee

antoeknee Well-Known Member

Just downloaded app. Just trying to get the client app on my laptop (W7 64bit).

Seems to think Dot Net 4 isn't installed just forcing another update even though WU seems to think laptop is up to date.

I'll post back once I get laptop restarted.
    Imperio likes this.
  23. droidst

droidst Member

I'd have to go along with drdroid here...these guys are doing an awesome job engaging with people here and their software is top notch to boot!

Szadcik you are way off course here buddy...this dev are one of the good guys...others will tell you the same too i'm sure!
    Imperio likes this.
  24. NiteTrekker

NiteTrekker Member

Ok...I purchased this from the app catalog because it looked great! I spent over half an hour attempting to set it up but the connection failed. I then check the FAQ's which state:

Q. Does Imperio work with Windows ‘Home’ editions?
    A. No, Windows Home editions (all flavours), do not support RDP and are not supported. Supported version of Windows are: Windows 7, XP and Vista – Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise versions.

Well, I have Windows 7 Home Premium version and since the android market has a ridiculous 15 minute refund window and the attempted setup took me longer than 15 minutes, I cannot get a refund.

I filled out a support ticket, will I be able to get a refund? I would also like to suggest that the incompatibility with Windows Home Edition be added to the main description page in the Amazon Market. This will help to prevent others from making the same mistake as me.
  25. Imperio

@NiteTrekker my team keep on telling me how great this forum is and the engaging response they have had...so I said I'd like to be the one answering threads over this weekend. It seems my first job is to deal with you :)

We don't want anyone we meet here on this forum to be unhappy (ever), so accounts will process a full refund as goodwill. In the app description it does state that Windows Home editions does not support RDP (in fact no RDP app will connect to Windows Home of any flavour for everyone's reference!), but as you can imagine with the limited words we get on store it's difficult to get the right balance sometimes... Ultimately this is first and foremost our 'Shop Window' and our cool stuff has to come before any of the technical detail! It also shows very top of our FAQ's, which It looks like you found and quoted.

I must admit I often don't read things in-full (we are all just human!) and of course I never ever need instructions, who does!!!??? :rolleyes:

yours - Dan, CEO

Anyhow..

It's also a great opportunity to say a big thanks for everyone engaging with us so well...we really did not know what to expect or how a developer would be received, but did not want to lurk around making anonymous suggestive posts, which insult peoples intelligence, so we rode straight on out..

So thanks again from the whole team - great forum here and we seem to of made it our 'forum home'!

I'm the one tasked with any responses all weekend, not sure I'll do it as cool as my colleagues, but if you have any questions Imperio related or not I'm happy to throw my $2c in !
    Slug and NiteTrekker like this.