• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ok, Now I'm totally CONFUSED.

g2k

Apr 10, 2010
Hi, gang. I hope all of you are enjoying 2.05d as much as I am.

I do have some questions though, I'll start off with what I've dome so far.

I ROOTED my phone and am running RA 1.5xx...Successful

I D/L fresh 2.05d and installed/flashed...Successful

I formatted SD Card to 512mb ext2, max swap, rest fat32...Successful

I formatted ext2 to ext3...successful, but I lost ALL my info on the card, apparently the card gets formatted in the process (no big deal).

Q1) how do I re setup the appropriate folder structure on the fat32 partition to reload my music, pics, etc?*******SOLVED*********

I read (somewhere) that Baseband 2.42.00.03.10 needs to have a fix applied to it to fix certain issues.

Q2A) Is this *still* true?...yes it is....*******SOLVED*********

Q2B) Where do I download the zip for it?....i forget

Q3) I keep reading about opening a terminal (on the phone), where is this terminal???

Q3A) Is this terminal ONLY accessible from the recovery screen?

Q4) I have an icon in programs called "super user permission" when I launch it I get a black screen, pressing anything causes it to just go back to the main home screen.

What is this icon for/do?

I would like to get the lock screen from fresh 1.5 (the clear one with just the time).

Q5) How do I do that and install it??...can't.....*******SOLVED*********

Q6) Does 2.05d solve the problem of the native sms app not allowing the phone to sleep?....it appears so

Q7A) Does 2.05d solve the problem of the htc sense clock/weather widget not updating?....no

Q7B) If so, what is the *best* weather app to run on 2.05d?

Sorry for so many questions but I have done so much searching today that I'm lost and don't remember where I saw any of this info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2.05d is VERY nice; I really really like it.

I'm kind of confused because the layout of settings is different,
I love the layout; but It'll take a minute to get good with it...;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones