• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OK, on custom ROM, have Root ;) Now what?

Hi every one, I have just got my sgs and have a couple of question. When it turned up it was in the original samsung box only bit of orange on it was the 2 for 1 cinema tickets. after unboxing it there is no orange logo on the back or front of the phone. There are only 2 orange apps installed, 1 orange maps, 2 orange contacts backup. what im trying to sort out is if the phone is unbanded, the following is in about phone: Baseband i9000XXJF3, Firmware Version 2.1- update 1, Build Number ECLAIR, Kernal Version 2.6.29 followed by imts_scm@S1-BUILD05 #2. If some one could tell from the above if this a branded or un-branded phone it will help me to decide if and when i need to flash it if at all.
Thanks to you all.

Upvote 0
Hi every one, I have just got my sgs and have a couple of question. When it turned up it was in the original samsung box only bit of orange on it was the 2 for 1 cinema tickets. after unboxing it there is no orange logo on the back or front of the phone. There are only 2 orange apps installed, 1 orange maps, 2 orange contacts backup. what im trying to sort out is if the phone is unbanded, the following is in about phone: Baseband i9000XXJF3, Firmware Version 2.1- update 1, Build Number ECLAIR, Kernal Version 2.6.29 followed by imts_scm@S1-BUILD05 #2. If some one could tell from the above if this a branded or un-branded phone it will help me to decide if and when i need to flash it if at all.
Thanks to you all.

I was on orange and that is the firmware that mine shipped with and the orange apps on your phone make it sound branded as they only ship with orange branded phones. there was a dialler number code (*#xxxxx#) that tells you but i cant remember what it was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones