Ok...Question: Should I exchange or not?

Last Updated:

  1. wvuametz

    wvuametz Member

    My wife and I bought our EVOs at Radio Shack on June 4th.

    Her's (HW 0002) was eating batteries, above and beyond what ANY battery tips could fix, and had light leakage/raised screen.....It has since been exchanged for a HW0003 that is flawless. Okay, maybe the screen quality is a fraction less, but not a major issue. It took a call to the District Manager to get her a new EVO, but it worked.

    Mine (HW 0002) is suffering from light leakage/raised screen under the home screen, as well. The light leakage is about the width of the widest part of the home circle and the screen raise is definitely above all other corners. The battery life seems ok.

    :confused:Quite simply, should I exchange mine or not?

    • My time is running out (30-day RS exchange policy) and I'm not sure if Sprint will honor the warranty with a new phone after the 30 days (I DO NOT want a refurb).
    • Is the screen raise going to get worse down the road?
    • Is insurance a better route? The phone is covered by a skin-it on the back and an Invisible Shield on the screen and the corners show ZERO scratches.
    • Any other options? Any at all?
    Please help. All opinions appreciated. I just cannot stand having a subpar phone for which I have paid so much, but I also don't want to risk getting a phone that is worse. But maybe Sprint after the 30-day is the better road? Maybe Insurance? Maybe keep it? :confused::confused: HELP!! :confused::confused:

  2. sdezrilov

    sdezrilov Well-Known Member

    Same boat and issue with the light leakage, but trying hard to just forget about it. Like you; I am afraid of trading one problem for more, inclined to just ignore for now. Everything else is great!
  3. RoboMonkey

    RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

    Sure exchange it.
  4. Vihzel

    Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

    Exchange it. You should NOT be dealing with this problem. You are the consumer. Remember that. You're the one who has to live with this.
  5. as329

    as329 Well-Known Member

    Another in the same boat, but I don't want to go through insurance in 5 or 6 months, it should be a warranty issue. Plus I have 3, so replacing them all under insurance would suck.

    HTC sent me an email response and stated they couldn't guarantee a replacement wouldn't have the same issue. I think I am going to push it to the limit and go end towards the end of the week. We've already contacted BB, who agreed to extend the 30 days. I'll wait around to see if a new build comes out...especially if BB will extend me a few weeks.
  6. damewolf13

    damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

    If I had any kind of raised screen, I would find that unacceptable. Return it.
  7. RoboMonkey

    RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

    If you don't have that in writing it's worth nothing. Also BB word has nothing to do with your contract with Sprint. After 30 days you're on the hook for 2 years or you have to buy out your contract to leave.
  8. as329

    as329 Well-Known Member

    I'm not worried about the contract, I've been with Sprint for 10 years...they are very nice to us.

    And you're right about the in writing part, that's why I'm going down towards the end of the week to talk to someone in person. I would have already, but BB is 15 miles away and it's a million degrees outside, so we just called. I'm not confident that means anything, but they've been pretty cool with us to date.

Share This Page