ok so i have a couple questions about rooting and ROMs

Last Updated:

1. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. ok so im rooted right now with fresh 2.1.2. and i was wondering if i ever had to bring my phone to sprint for a repair or anything, can i just load the 2.1 rom or the 1.5 stock rom onto my phone again to maake it seem like i never rooted?

2. if so, do i just flash it like i do with custom roms?

3. what is the difference between fresh 2.1.1 and 2.1.2.?

4. i know 2.1.2. is de-odexed and 2.1.1. isn't but is 2.1.1. just as fast?

5. what is the difference between damageless roms and fresh roms?
    which one do you prefer and why?

sorry for the questions but i even looked these up and i couldn't really find any definitive answers.

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I haven't ran the Fresh ROM's yet, but I can tell you that if you need to send in your phone, just run the Official Sprint RUU. That will set it back to factory for you.

3. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

1. If returning phone to Sprint, you would run the 2.1 RUU. This will make your phone stock again.

2. You do not flash it. You download the exe file and run it on your computer.

3. Read the change log :)

4. Refer to answer above

5. Many of the ROM's are similar and it really is a matter of preference. I have tried DC and others but I keep coming back to Fresh. Fresh has always been (IMO) the most stable and I have never had any issues. In addition, Fresh will continue to get updated now, where as DC will no longer receive updates as stated by Damage.

Hero_Guy likes this.
  4. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks! yeah cuz the returning to stock was most important especially since my mom wants my phone when i get a new one and she wouldnt be too happy if she found out i basically hacked it and voided my warranty lol