Ok so I just rooted...

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got setCPU. What should I do now? I used the SMUpdater. Is there any way to change the color of the status bar?

Advertisement
  2. Jgoble25

Jgoble25 Member

Just wondering why would you do that when Moto said 2.1 would be out this week????:confused:

3. scheng12

I don't really see the point to 2.1. The ROM has all the relevant features of it and having root access will be more useful in the future

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Congrats [​IMG]

I'm not super familiar with the sholes ROM but I would say first thing you should do is set up you profiles in SetCPU.

Here are mine:

Normal (not a profile): 250/950
    Charging: 250/550
    Sleep: 250/250
    Power < 10%: 800/250
    Failsafe (battery > 40c): 250/250

CPU Governor: On Demand ( do NOT select performance)

Also, be sure you select auto-detect for device type and NOT Droid/Milestone. The Auto-detect will let setCPU be able to tell you are using a modified kernel that can be OC'd.

Last, if it looks like the CPU speed isn't changing, try moving the sliders all the way up and down, or setting them and then closing and restarting the app.

5. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

I am waiting until 2.1 and see if it's what they say, if it is I will just root my phone.

6. darrin2520

darrin2520 Well-Known Member

Just an fyi. While I truly believe that they will be able to find a root exploit on Android 2.1, you have no idea how long it will take. The opportunity to root/run a different rom will disappear for at least some time once you accept the OTA.

Also, to the Poster wondering why you would root with 2.1 on the way, there are several things that 2.1 or any official release will never have. "free" tethering and overclocking. If neither of these are important to you, then I would not recommend rooting your phone.

7. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

If you want a black notification bar, bugless beast and beauty roms and smoked glass rom has this. I think there is a blue themed variant of smoked glass somewhere too. All these are available at all droid dot org, the developers are pete and adamz, respectively.

I remember seeing something about different colors elsewhere, those mentioned forums might be a good place to look

8. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

The nexus was rooted before it was even publicly released. I would give it a week or two at the very most

9. scheng12

OK so I'm running the latest Sholes ROM but I'm used to the Home++ launcher with the phone/browser on the bottom. Are there any ROMS with better launchers like that one or should I just keep Home++?