Ok so I rooted via-toast method..

Last Updated:

1. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. So I just rooted my EVO using the Toast method and Iv'e bumped into a few problems / questions.

1) How do I get the SD Card fix (or OTA update) after Iv'e been root?
    2) After making my NAND backup, and restarting my phone to a fresh boot, everything seemed fine, but when I tried to use Titanium backup it said my phone wasnt rooted. I thought would be sticky root? Just not able to modify system files through Android?

and my final question, 3) how do I get back to the recovery screen? The same way I got there to begin with? Vol. Down + Power?

Quick addition to my post... for some reason, when I try to enter Accounts & sync under settings, it FC's. Not sure if anywhere else that happens to me yet, havent been around all the settings. ANy ideas?

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Wait, you go and flash your hardware with all sorts of custom ROM images and you expect Sprint and Google to cater to your needs?

IMHO, nobody should be flashing their hardware and not willing to deal with the fall-out and consequences. You know what you were getting into, I would hope you had planned to resolve such problems in advance, although it sounds like you didn't.

Why did you even want to Root? Do you have a good reason?

IMHO, you should have used the unrevoked method which doesn't screw anything up.

3. NovaFox238

^_^ well all problems fixed. Wasnt as serious as the post sounded I guess. All back to normal, with root and OTA updated version. Good to go now, with no Sprint Bloatware. Running fast and smoother than ever. Just took a few more reads over on the XDA forums.

4. gesanjose

gesanjose Member

So how did you get the SD Card fix? I also rooted to remove the bloatware, tether wifi for FREE, and run smoother, but have issues with my card now.

5. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

They have an update.zip for the OTA posted on XDA.

gesanjose likes this.
  6. NovaFox238

gesanjose likes this.
  7. gesanjose

gesanjose Member

8. NovaFox238

LOL I did that exact same thing. Deleted on the old version, then realized theer was a newer ROM. xD Im loving it tho. ROot ftw.

9. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Nice to see everyone rooting and having a good time. It's the exact oposite in general evo forums.... makes me sad :rolleyes: