OK, so I thought it was funny:

Last Updated:

1. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

From facebook:

I'm in the middle of nowhere with no service on AT&T so I connected to my friends Droid via wifi and it's running faster than if I had full 3g. What's wrong with this picture

Yesterday at 1:01am via Facebook for iPhone

Advertisement
  2. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

AT&T claims they have the fastest 3G, and while it may be true on paper, the 3G on my Droid seems infinitely faster than my old iPhone.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

ATT: fastest 3G network*

*in a very small area that you probably aren't in.

If you go to att.com try to find the national 3g coverage map. Either they removed it completely or at least made it very hard to find.

4. dren

dren Well-Known Member

AT&T Coverage Viewer <<< Coverage viewer for AT&T ... to see real 3G coverage, you have to put in a zip code and zoom all the way out...

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I have a Droid and my roommate has an iPhone 3GS. We've tested our 3G bandwidth using the Speedtest.net app in a bunch of different places around San Diego and mine is always faster - sometimes up to 10x as fast.

At home I get 1.8mbps down, 600kbps up. He gets 350kbps down and about 60kbps up.

The first time we compared speeds at home they were about the same - 1.5mbps down. Turns out he was using Wifi. My Wifi speed from his room was 7mbps.

6. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i beat a co worker to a site by a few seconds, sometimes its not much faster, sometimes it is, we are in northern utah

7. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

lol I love how it says that 3G is in my area. I have a friends with iPhone's and they NEVER have service.