ok so i want to root but...

Last Updated:

1. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I updated and it seems like the new root is not stable

I'm not looking to install any custom roms or froyo.

I just want to gain some battery life and free wifi teather and maybe kill some bloat.

Oh and beable to move apps to SD card cause i have already filled half of the onboard memory with apps.

I have read ---==={ROOT GUIDE}===--- | 1.47.651.1 ROOT method | - xda-developers
    and some of the horror stories around it.

Basically the honeymoon is over and i love my phone but it could be better but i fear bricking it and or not getting to use some of its functions.

so do i wait or Root now? If so what is the safest i really don't want to loose all my stuff i put on here.

Advertisement
  2. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

I couldn't get the new root to stick to save my life after trying about 6 hours on it yesterday BUT

They are working on a new Easy Root type method, which was posted in the Root thread for the new OTA. It worked like a charm for me, after about 6 hours of fail...took that thing about 10 minutes to get me going.

3. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I'm afraid also... honeymoon phase is over but stock is still not bad. I just don't want to mess with it on daily basis that's why I'm waiting on a good stable root release. Hopefully in a month or so many things will have changed.

4. Jack Daniels

is the one on xda still the only root method ?

5. rdPhreak

rdPhreak Member

I think that is the only working method at the moment. I used it last night, and used the ruu to go back to v1.32.651.6 and just used unrevoked to get wifi tether working.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

The method you posted, OP, works great, all the horror stories you're reading in that thread are people who don't take initiative to understand what they're doing before they do it.

I never rooted before, nor did i know what i was doing, but got it going in under an hour, with no problems, except for a couple mistakes that were my own fault. The method works awesome and I've been running so many different roms the last 36+ hours its not even funny :p

7. Jack Daniels

i'm just going to run the stock rom i like it

8. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

rtmeikle likes this.
  9. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

try other roms, even ones with minimal changes make a difference. My favorite so far have been the evolutionX froyo rom just due to performance alone. As of now I'm running baked snack v9.6 with ffolkes novatech fps screen fix flashed over it and it runs amazingly.

But If you want minimal changes based on the OTA try this one- [ROM] RvU 1.3.2 WORKING 4G!!! Sync Fixed / ROM Manager Support - Android Central Forums

It has a lot of bloatware removed already plus the dev already set it up so the bloatware that's left in there is ready for you to easily uninstall.

10. Jack Daniels

i think i am going to wait a little longer there is alot of work involved and way too many choices at the moment. i have alot of apps most were collected outside the market. also i just don't want to break my phone there is a reason i pay sprints insurance and i just don't understand how to put it back to stock yet

11. Jack Daniels

plus with like simple root how do i put the new cellular and wimax on it

12. Jack Daniels

gah i want to but i just can't bring myself to do it

13. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

then wait and hope for a new unrevoked root.

no telling how long that could be. The new OTA root uses an exploit in flash lite to downgrade the software, not access root.

If you have a question, start checking out xda. Don't mean to be a dick, but all of the answers to your questions are there and I doubt anyone really cares about you 'wanting to but not being able to bring yourself to it'.

14. Jack Daniels

it was mostly just a for the heck of it post