OK, so it's been 6 months...General

Last Updated:

1. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so it's been 6 months since the Droid Incredible has been out. What does everyone think so far? I have been WELL pleased! it's been easily the best phone I've ever had by a LONG shot. There STILL isn't anything out there that I would rather have and it TOTALLY spanks the iphone's baby butt!

What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. mike17

mike17 Well-Known Member

there is no verizon phone that compares to this if i were to get a new phone today i would still get this one

3. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

I would consider the droid x....but I'm not sure how I would like the size

4. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member

i have been 100% happy with my phone, favorite phone everrr!
    BUT, if i was to redo it today i may get the fascinate and try it out for 30 days

5. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

I bought mine when i went home on leave for 2 weeks. I didn't want to, but AT&T screwed me over so badly that I just had to switch back to Verizon, as I knew I would by January when I come home for good.

Still, I knew as soon as I bought it that, as much as I like it, I will have buyers' remorse as soon as something better comes out. Well? Not yet. The Incredible has become arguably the phone of choice (surpassing the Nexus One) for those who want to run custom ROMs and such. It was also probably the last great phone (along with the Galaxy S variants) to not have some kind of locked bootloader or locked NAND.

I haven't seen anything out yet or coming soon that catches my interest. As much as I'd love a "Nexus Two" (which I expect to be nothing more than the next developers' phone), I know Google's history of making those things exclusive to T-Mobile's 3G bands. Unless it's on Verizon, I don't care.

6. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I have not been happy with a phone for a long time, always looking ahead to get a new one in a few months... With Incredible I will keep this until LTE more then likely.

7. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

The X is really, really nice, but when you compare screens the Inc just demolishes it.

8. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

This phone is better than the Fascinate. I purchased that first and used it for about 3 weeks before I traded it for this. The battery life was better on the Fascinate but that's about it. I love this phone!!!

9. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I got mine the day it was released. Best phone I've ever used.

10. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

honestly, I really like the way HTC set this phone up. My experience with this phone will make me look at HTC phones first whenever I buy a new phone

11. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Best.phone.ever.

Well, at least until the Incredible HD comes out.

YamiYaiba likes this.
  12. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Only got mine a month ago so, yeah, I'd still get it today.

13. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I love my Incredible for so many reasons, but for two very practical reasons I use my DX more. The font size is easier to read in native menus on the X without reading glasses, and the call quality on the X is way better than on the Inc. I will be selling my Inc soon, because I can't justify keeping them both.

14. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^I like the DX and actually considered it for a minute but decided I don't like carrying around a VCR in my pocket.

15. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

I have used 3 x's and I have never heard a noticable improvement in call quality. Either I have bad ears, I got the best incredible, or other people have defective incs. Im not sure which.

16. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

I agree, I had the Dx while I let my wife you my Dinc. While the Dx is a nice LARGE phone, its call quality was not better than my Incredible, and it was way too boxy for me.

17. Steve03Merc

Steve03Merc Well-Known Member

I love it, but I love that I'm also 1/4 of the way through my NE2.

18. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I bought the Inc on launch day and still love it. My wife decided that she wants a droid phone so I went to look at VZW for her on Friday. I played with all the Android phones and still like the Inc the best. I told her she's going to have to wait and see if the Inc HD comes out this month because that would be the only other option for her...

19. true

true Well-Known Member

i've had the incredible since launch and wouldnt even consider an alternative.

20. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Best phone I've had. Couldn't be happier. Not even looking at other phones.

And it's been 8 months for me :)

The Froyo slow charge was a bumski I'll admit though.

21. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

Same as a lot of people above. This is the best phone I've ever owned.

That said, the Incredible HD looks tempting, but I'll probably end up sticking with this one, even when the HD's price drops. The Incredible does everything I need it to do.

22. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

true that, i finally got to compare mine to my buddies X and although i love the big screen its too washed out compared to what i am use to looking at. i still haven't seen the fascinate, im sure it looks pretty though.

23. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

The phone has gotten better like thanks to an awesome dev community! I look at the crop of new phones and nothing really pulls my interest away.

24. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

The Incredible is the best smart phone out right now. Yeah some other droids may have a bigger screen, front facing camera, blah blah blah. But that only makes them different. The Incredible does everything very well and it is very fast. I think the form factor is perfect, not too big and the screen is great. My wife and friends that have iphones are always jealous when I pull out my Inc. It is just so much more functional and fun to use. Until the Incredible 2 comes out there is no way I would consider switching. I love this phone!!!

25. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

I love it but I want the new Sense with 2.3 by the end of the year.