Ok so now what?

Last Updated:

1. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my phone. Now what? lol I understand there are some apps that you couldn't run on a reg. X but a rooted one you can (jailbreaking iPhones and iPods). Can someone help me out about maybe a starting guide for me or something?

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

well you can do screen shots and run apps with just being rooted which is cool....look in the market for some root apps ...now do NOT try to install any custom mods themes or roms without first researching this forum and making sure u know what to do although the best way to learn how is the hard way like me lol .....and thats when the fun starts ..just research and plunge

3. GasserBGB1

GasserBGB1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright man sounds good, I'll definitely troll around tonight for some stuff. Is there a way I can take my bloatware off first though? I don't use Skype or that news provider (have my own) or anything like that that's always running.

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you can load a custom blur free rom after root. i use Apex RC2.
    or you can download titanium back up which backs up all your apps as well as allows you to freeze apps like the bloatware apps.

5. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member

certainly use the sticky! lot of great information!

6. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

A good program to download first is "Root Explorer" from the market. You can remove bloat this way as well plus its a good file explorer for your phone. Make sure you only delete things that are able to be deleted without an issue. There are a list of such things on the sticky in this forum.

Before you get into themes, do alot of research and fully understand it. It makes the process easier. The first thing I did was download programs that were root only and play around with them. Try these:

Autokiller Memory Optimizer (Helps the phone run alittle smoother)
    Drocap2 (Screenshots of the screen)
    Titanium Backup (Backsup Apps as well as everything else on your phone)
    Cache Cleaner (Cleans the Chache so things run smoother)
    Wireless Teather (Turns your phone into a hotspot.)

I do believe all these things have a free version but I could be wrong on that.

7. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member