OK to due OTA update after flashing ROM?

Last Updated:

1. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Loving the Jager 1.1 ROM. Just wondering if it is ok to due the OTA that keeps popping up? It is the 3.6 MB update that I believe dropped a while ago. I have just kept pressing install later. Any one know if it is ok to do this OTA update?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same myself...? If not, is there a way to disable it from always popping up??

3. ginocoke

ginocoke New Member

Upgrade to his 1.6.1 Rom. It includes the ota update.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

if you are on a custom rom... you do not want to OTA update bc u lose root and rom i think

5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

As a rule of thumb never accept any ota update once you are rooted, ever. Once you are rooted you control what gets installed from that point on, not the carrier. Its one of the benefits of being rooted. Most ota updates will have some sort of security patch embedded within them and can make life rough going forward if you choose to install it.

6. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

The OTA in 1.1 is the original OTA that hit when the phone was launched. It's safe, won't kill root.

Use 1.6.1 though, it's built in. Though there's a missing gallery and this force closes the camera. Small bug, fyi.

But, yes. I now realize jwm2's advice is a little more sound than mine hehe. Probably all roms from now on won't have the need for the OTA.