Ok, what is this?

Last Updated:

1. WoodimusPrime

WoodimusPrime Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a n00b question, but I've spent the last half hour searching this board and Google and cannot find the answer.

I just flashed to Fresh 2.0D today, and everything works like a champ. It's pretty incredible actually. However, tonight I started getting voicemail messages that were intended for a lady named "Jen". These messages were coming through my Verizon Voicemail app, which I obviously shouldn't have. Then a little while later I got a couple of e-mails from Android, welcoming me and my Nexus One, which I do not own, to the Android OS. What in the world is going on? I apologize if this is somewhere that I missed, but like I said, I searched and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member

i dont know about the verizon thing..i dont have that on mine

but as far as the nexus one email, i think everyone will get that because this rom was based off the nexus one rom..

3. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

I got the same message from Android to welcome me and congratulate me on my Nexus 1. Maybe that is due to some elements of the ROM being from Nexus or too similar. I ignored it. As long as I know which phone I am using, that is the most imprtant part, lol.

Can you delete the Verizon voicemail app throught the Kitchen? I don't have that. Not sure what you mean when you say you have the Verizon VM app. Do you mean you got a vm from someone for "Jen"? Could be a wrong number. Or are you dialing into Verizon VM from that app? Don't know how you could do that since you have a Sprint number.

4. WoodimusPrime

A notification actually pops up and says "You have a new voicemail. Push to access Verizon Voicemail App", or something to that effect.

5. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

From what I understand, the ROMs we have for 2.1 are based on leaked Verizon 2.1, so that may be why you get such a notification. But you don't actually dial into Verizon's vm I am sure. Have you confirmed that you are dialing into Sprint's vm? Check the VM settings as well just to re-confirm you have your Sprint number set as the default vm number. You should be good to go with that.

WoodimusPrime likes this.
  6. WoodimusPrime

Okay, it popped up again. Here is what the notification says: "Click to open Verizon VVM Application.". I know, functionality wise, it's probably not hurting anything, but it is VERY annoying. If anyone has seen this before, I'd love to know how to fix it.

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

This is partially true, but not in the case of the current (up-to-date) 2.1 ROM's. Fresh and Damage and Darch are based off of a Sprint Leak, others are based off of them as well.

8. WoodimusPrime

I may be beating a dead horse, but it ONLY pops up whenever I get a text message or a voicemail. Not for any other notification, just those two. Maybe that helps someone.

9. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Well-Known Member

I think you mean visual voicemail app.

10. WoodimusPrime

No, no I do not mean that. I've attached a screen shot. Does the fact that no one seems to know what this is, mean that I've somehow discovered something new?

rsz_snap20100510_064059.jpg

11. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

It looks like the voicemail number for your phone my be setup incorrectly. Did you check out the voicemail settings yet?

12. WoodimusPrime

Yeah, everything is set up correctly. It has my number as the voicemail, and I can still receive voicemails. That notification pops up whenever I get a text.

13. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

can you post a screen shot of your firmware version with build number and baseband ?

14. WoodimusPrime

Here you go sir.

rsz_snap20100510_105520.jpg

15. mysticmead

did you have an earlier version of 2.1 on the phone previously? maybe Fresh 2.0b or c? those were based off a Verizon Eris leak.. Fresh 2.0d is based off the Sprint leak.

When I called my phone and let it go to voice mail there is the results I get in my notification bar
    [​IMG]

now, you mentioned that you get a notification of a voice mail waiting when you get a text...is that correct? if so, are you using Handcent?

16. mysticmead

17. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

yea.. i would completely wipe.. redownload the 2.0d and reflash it..