ok who lost there droid last week coming from houston?

Last Updated:

1. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did you find it? Fellow from work said a woman found it and was trying to open contacts to call but none of them could figure out how... don't want to give out location on here but it was found on I 45..

Advertisement
  2. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

Oh , I sure hope it is mine!!!! At the time mine was lost it had a pink cover (may no longer be on the phone) Is there any pics or anything left on the phone that I could identify it by???

3. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

Do you have a way to contact her, to find out if it is mine?

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

how did someone find this on an interstate? who stopped their car on it to pick up a phone, how did a phone survive the fall out of the car.
    Guess none of this really matters, just some random questions that popped into my head LOL

5. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Not my Droid, but if the big bag of cash I dropped out there turns up, make sure and PM me! :)

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

could have been at a rest stop on the side of the highway

7. Dog1

Dog1 Member

The better question is, if they did stop to pick a phone off of the interstate, how did THEY survive..

8. thaDroidz

Not sure about pink cover. Did you stop anywhere near Huntsville? If so where? Sorry I dont wanna give out location exactly fearing a wrongful person may go claim it. C

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

probably be better for you guys to take this to PM. That way you can exchange information more privately

10. SinfulDragon

dude if they take it to PM how are we suppose to compile a list of what details he does let slip to form a letter using said details and act like its our phone???? ;)

11. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

okay , not sure how to PM on here ( new ) but If you can let me know how I can certainly give more info

12. SinfulDragon

Up at the top right where it shows your screen name (scroll up) you'll see Private Messages. Click that.
    Inside there you can compose a message to thaDroidz in a private fashion to find out if this is your phone.
    Enjoy!

Better yet, click his screen name next to his post then click on Send Private Message LOL, that way is easier huh. I'm special

Kspringh likes this.
  13. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

thanks...got it !

14. thaDroidz

LMFAO..
    If when all said and done this Droid owner gets reunited with his phone I am gonna quit my job and build me a PI app and go into private investigation business. ..

As soon as the Guy at work was telling me this last night, I said I will post on the android forums another Guy asked if I thought the owner would be on there. ..
    Duh all Droid owners either lurk or are members.... LMFAO

There's one more Lurker turned user, your welcome...

15. thaDroidz

Geez..
    It's double posting again.

16. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

i dont get why kspringh doesnt just call the phone if it is indeed their phone?? if the people who found it were looking at it trying to open contacts surely it has enough battery ring

17. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

digdug1 beat me to it :)

18. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

If it isn't theirs then just call Verizon and they will know whose phone it is by the ESN located behind the battery. Or at least they will know if it is active or not.

If the person filed an insurance claim then the ESN will be locked, but Verizon will still likely know who the owner is.:D

19. thaDroidz

hum it was over a week ago.

20. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

My phone was stolen 7/22 & I did call only to have nobody answer it...then when I did the where's my droid (only app I had on it to locate my phone) It did come back with an address & after that they would NOT power the phone back on....so after a week of it being powered off with nothing from the other end, I had to put another (borrowed) phone on my line.(7/28)..I did not have the insurance, because the last time I "lost " a phone verizon went around & round with me saying I needed to send the old phone in...& I couldn't because my husband lost it in the river....so..that is why I didn't bother with then ins. on the droid...(stupid I know) BTW...I do know my ESN....& the phone has been reported stolen & a police report has been made...but I feel it is gonna take an honest person running across this phone...that will be the only way I get it back i'm sure

21. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

BTW it was a buisness address. but no phone had been turned in there

22. thaDroidz

This situation is what made me get the contact owner app. Now on my lock screen it has my name, email and I added my wife's number. I'd you would have had it on your phone the fellow from my work or the person who found it could have contacted you long ago.

23. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

never heard of that app..I will have to add it on my husbands phone, but my husband is listed in my contacts with his name & (husband) beside it

24. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

why not just take it to verizon and let them run the esn? simple

25. Kspringh

Kspringh Member

Verizon said they can't all they can do is blacklist it (put it on the stolen list & if I report it found they can remove it) BUT they said the police could since I made a report...I called the police gave them my report # & asked about it...they refused, said they only do that on a kidnapping or murder case only!