• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ok..wtf???

alnova1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
I have jt1134 Super Clean 0.4 rom and I'm new to the Fascinate so i'm not sure if I'm crazy so be kind. I have seen the lag fix but haven't done anything yet because of some of the things I have read said it really didn't help much. I installed this http://androidforums.com/fascinate-all-things-root/192271-battery-percentage.html and it seems like I have no lag at all now..is this possible? I'm not a rooting noob..I've had a Droid 1 and still have the X so I know a bit but do not claim to be a pro but this has been amazing how much faster the phone is...is the lag fix in this? I don't think so but any input would be a help.

I have jt1134 Super Clean 0.4 rom and I'm new to the Fascinate so i'm not sure if I'm crazy so be kind. I have seen the lag fix but haven't done anything yet because of some of the things I have read said it really didn't help much. I installed this http://androidforums.com/fascinate-all-things-root/192271-battery-percentage.html and it seems like I have no lag at all now..is this possible? I'm not a rooting noob..I've had a Droid 1 and still have the X so I know a bit but do not claim to be a pro but this has been amazing how much faster the phone is...is the lag fix in this? I don't think so but any input would be a help.

dont worry about being confused, the fascinate can be a confusing phone ! :eek:

that being said, the battery percentage thing doesnt alter anything in the system that would affect performance...essentially any graphics on your phone are just small png image files made in photoshop or something similar :)

could just be a placebo effect for you, or you may have done some other things at the same time as the batt percentage that helped.

are you running one of the kernels from xda or in rom manager? one of jts kernels and his 0.4 rom will really make for a noticable decrease in lag (if theres any at all). imo there is really no need for a lagfix kernel (voodoo) as kernel development has come so far that real world performance on todays nonvoodoo kernels seem just as fast as overclocked voodoo kernels from only 3 weeks ago :cool:

hope some of this helps...clearly you have experience on other android phones, so mostly its just getting used to the wackiness that is samsung and their screwy coding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones