• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ok, WTF!

Along with the recent text/call/ anything that requires a data connection issues. now the damm weather displays "No information available" no matter how mant times i refresh it wont come back. turned it off, did the airplane mode thing and still wont display.. anyone else?

FYI, just be aware that the 2.1 News & Weather app does have occasional issues, [probably] due to technical problems on Googles side......

Example 1 - UK specific news being replaced by US news (recent issue now resolved). Lasted 2 weeks

Example 2 - the weather app detail graph got screwed up twice. 1st with the timings on the graph [as you drag your finger across the screen] going backwards. 2nd no usable detail information available. Both issues lasted no longer than 1 day.

Not saying the above are anything to do with the problems you have, but just to raise awareness of other potential causes other than your phone......

Upvote 0
Along with the recent text/call/ anything that requires a data connection issues. now the damm weather displays "No information available" no matter how mant times i refresh it wont come back. turned it off, did the airplane mode thing and still wont display.. anyone else?

Weather ap did not worked yesterday, no connection. It works fine today.

Upvote 0
appreciate the feedback.. but im beginning to think its the phone since i am having texting and calling issues as well

LOL, as if by magic or specific request to some higher power, my phone started to lose weather forecast connection last night.

Happened a couple of times, around 9 to 11pm UK GMT time. Problem at times, was not cured by forcing a refresh, so it reinforces my view that ladies and gents, we are dependent on the Cloud working properly for most of the phone functionality to work properly.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword :)

Edit:
Woohoo, broke the 400 post barrier - where is my loyalty reward AndroidForums?

Upvote 0
I've noticed this too, even with different weather apps. Although, I did have the same issue on the MyTouch as well. One thing important that I noticed also is that for some reason here in the Minneapolis area I have a weaker 3G signal with the N1 compared to the MyTouch... How is that possible? Isn't the N1 supposed to be better in that regard?

Upvote 0
One thing important that I noticed also is that for some reason here in the Minneapolis area I have a weaker 3G signal with the N1 compared to the MyTouch... How is that possible? Isn't the N1 supposed to be better in that regard?

I've noticed the same thing. My Nexus is picking up 3G less frequently than my iPhone was. I AM running a custom mod (Cyanogen) so that may be it but from what I've read it's supposed to be improved rather than degraded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones