Okay be honest guys

Last Updated:

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

Am I the only one who lurks on the Incredible boards whenever I visit AF? I figured the Incredible is in a way a cousin of the EVO (smaller, no 4G) so I'm trying to get at least a little bit of a heads up of what to expect when the EVO launches. I'm also new to Android so I'm picking up little tidbits in there as well. Call me crazy but it helps me cope with our wait :D

Advertisement
  2. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

No, I do not lurk on the Incredible's forum. That would be weird. Freak!

3. BRIVERS73

BRIVERS73 Well-Known Member

Lol, I'm in & out of there as well.

4. SoFLO

:(

AF needs an emoticon with a broken heart haha.

5. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I go over there just browsing just like you. I haven't posted yet (maybe once) but I just browse almost every time. I'm almost in a verge of a nervous breakdown, and thank god to other forums, keeps my mind off the the Evo from time to time. :D

6. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I've checked out YouTube videos to get a sense of Sense.

7. SoFLO

Yup I've done that too. I've watched both Desire and Incredible videos.

8. Camslam

Camslam Well-Known Member

I'm over there as much as I'm in here, really they are the only 2 boards I hit. Once I figured out there were better phones coming than the Droid Eris. :)

No offense, but if you are new to smart phones like I am, the best way to get up to speed is by reading about what is closest to what you'll have.

There is literally TONS of good info over there on the phones, problems, android comments, apps, you name it, and since our phone will be running and doing mostly the same stuff, albeit on a bigger screen (yeah), why wouldn't I be over there learning as much as I can.

I'll probably never understand the "rivalry" about these phones. They are phones, right? They both rock, they just have a few things different, and as I've said many times before, if I wasn't moving to Sprint to get the best phone that will be available coupled with a plan that will beat my Verizon by $50 to $60 PER MONTH, then I would have already used my new every 2 on the Incredible and I'd be loving life right now, instead of waiting another month for this bad boy to get here.

9. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

We're on the same boat, though I'm not new to smart phones, this would be my first Android phone. I want to learn as much as I can so I won't look so stupid the moment I get my hands on the Evo.

Unlike you however, I've been around the forums, from the Samsung Moment forum, The Incredible forum, the lounge, applications, etc.

Not sure why you would debate about 2 phones that has a few differences and on a different network. For me, I adopt a "whatever floats your boat" approach. :) If you like a particular phone - fine... If not - swell... If you like your phone and is not looking to other phones for another feature, then for you, what you have is the best phone ever.

Kampai!

Camslam likes this.
  10. Camslam

Camslam Well-Known Member

Alright Caloy, you'll have to forgive me for asking, but what happened to Heroes after season 2? The show had such promise! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty decent likeness. When people find out Hiro Nakamoto is sporting the new EVO, we'll all be the envy of the cell world.

P.S. - Absolutely no offense intended, I've enjoyed your blinking avatar and thought there was some similarities to Masi Oka. :) I enjoy your posts, keep up the good info.

11. Lovingthesonic

Lovingthesonic Well-Known Member

I was just on their board lol. What I am looking for a lot of the time is I want to see the incredible shooting video.

12. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Incredible vs EVO vs Nexus

While I see the Incredible as a nice phone, I personally will wait for the EVO to stay with Sprint.

13. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Non-taken mate. All in good jest. But the last season, Hiro was resigned to the fact that he won't be able to be with the one he loves... Can't wait for the next season. As of the mean time, I'm so lost with Lost... I can't figure out whether John Lock is bad, or the writers are making him look bad, but in real life is good... LOL!!!!

Back to the topic: I don't think there's a perfect phone for me, I like almost everything the Evo has, except that it doesn't have the Super AMOLED screen like the Galaxy S, and doesn't have a physical keyboard like the Motorola Droid. As for me, it's all about compromises. Which ever feature you need/want more, that would be the phone perfect for you.

I still go to a lot of phone forums, mostly browsing and gathering information. :)

14. bimmjo

bimmjo Well-Known Member

never been there..... to me it would make me feel like I was cheating on my girl. Im no slut

:)

15. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

If that's the case, you can call me a Gigolo... LOL!

16. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

actually today i posted a EVO Vs. Incredible poll on their forum and... well as i expected almost everyone voted incredible but its the same with us. The one answer that everybody said when i asked why is because.... no one likes Sprint and they say Verizon's the best, even the people in 4G area. but hey whatever floats your boat.

17. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

You can say that again.

I've noticed that more people from Houston would prefer Sprint over Verizon... Could it be that we have the same coverage as Verizon in Houston? And now we have 4G!!! :) Oh well, my boat is floating merily... LOL!

18. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

I have never had bad service with Sprint in Houston (or the suburbs of it) and i had T-Mob and AT&T and i wanted to break my phones because they were so spotty.

(and i think Sprint has a crush on Texas because we have the most 4G cities and best coverage!)

19. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Gotta love Sprint for that. Cheers!

EDIT: I had Cingular when I was in California, it was awesome in the Bay Area, but when I moved to Texas, I found that I can save using T-Mobile. I went with T-Mobile and now after my 2 yr contract, I'm ready to go to Sprint, especially when the Evo comes out!

20. echoota

echoota Active Member

Yea I lurk there all the time, I even posted once. I see a lot of functionality carry-over from the Incredible to the Evo. Same platform, same generation technology, same manufacturer... there's plenty to learn from Incredible that will give you pretty clear idea of how the Evo will function.

Plus, during the 30 day test period with Sprint, if the coverage isn't up to our needs, we could possibly switch to the Incredible. Our core device needs are met by both devices, but obviously would prefer the Evo's enhancements.

21. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I used to post there more, but lately i just lurk and read up. Its like walking in a minefield, you know you can, but one wrong step and poof. lol

TS out

BRIVERS73 likes this.
  22. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Hahaha that is a great analogy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

23. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

What is an Incredible?? What network is that on??

24. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i go over there lol

25. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

I've been going to that forum since this thread gave me the idea. I downloaded and have been perusing the Incredible owner's manual because most of it will apply to the Evo (except for trackpad vs cursor arrows).