• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okay I can't take it...

Okay I will do my best to get you guys pictures...

My droid I got on Launch day back in November had more bubble shaped keys and it's date by the barcode was 45/09...
my droid today has completely flat keys with no bubble effect and it's date is 5/10(5th week of 2010)

I actually type soo much faster on the flat keys than the bubble because my fingers travel faster...

There was a thread posted about it but i can't find it anymore(About the different types of keyboards)

Upvote 0
I never have been a fan of rounded corners and whatnot - I am all about angles and such (although it makes it damn near impossible to not scuff it up without protection).

if you want to post pics direct, go to advanced mode and use the paperclip icon at the top - but your file sizes can only be of a limited size. That'll popup a new window / tab with several upload slots for you to upload photos so they are hosted directly in the board.

Upvote 0
see and john is the winner of how to post a pic. thanks john, i am with you on edges not curves, not a fan of my old winmo phone as much as i am of droid. it had curves, can never remember what it was ppc 8600? i dunno, it was curvy and had a pull out keyboard. my lg chocolate, it was horrible AND curvy, lg 8530 i think was, was ALSO curvy. i am done with curves and this NICE square phone rocks for me

Upvote 0
I haven't had a curvy phone - my last was an Alias, and before that was a bulky Nokia 3350, I think was the model #....

My first phone was a PowerTel carreri-based Motorola with the flip down cover that allowed for basic cell and SMS operation....

had several phones like that.

Oops, I forgot one - and it was curvy, hence my dislike of them now - the Moto V551, replaced under warranty by a 557....

Upvote 0
It's funny how quickly people race to answer the same question over and over when the OP is a chick.. anyone else they tell to use search and quit asking the same thing over and over.. lol

Her questions have already been answered many times over.. she just chooses not to read.

On behave of the internets I would like to award a medal due to not being a white knights.

The rest of you are:

internet-white-knight.jpg

Upvote 0
Her questions have already been answered many times over.. she just chooses not to read.

It's not that I don't choose to read. I have no problem searching for the answer...that's fine.

This was an issue with people in the eris forum posting when 2.0/2.1 was coming every single day...

the reason I guess i posted a redundant forum was not to annoy ppl or get every guy to help me...

It's the fact

1) You have to be exact when you search for stuff in the forums. You might know what you are searching for but typing it in the forums search isn't the same thing

2)Alot of threads(like this one) tend to get off topic so it's a bit annoying to have to read through 5 or 6 pages of people not even talking about the actual OP's topic so i decided to post my own to get the answers i needed.

Lol i do apologize if my "choosing not to read" annoyed you based on your post :)

Upvote 0
I'm kinda sad that a lot of people think the Droid is ugly =( I do not think it is ugly.

Perhaps I shouldn't use Ugly...

It's just...mannish.

I went out to dinner with friends and the droid does NOT fit in my skinny jeans
and that clip is annoying to wear so i had to resort to carrying a purse just to carry it around

I think its power makes it Verizon's best phone to date it's look is just so...industrially manly :)

Then the eris is just cute...however awful :)

I'm officially a droid girl...no matter how mannish it is

Upvote 0
heh - you've got the boys all slobbering with drool with your mention of the skinny jeans, yanno....

Classy yet interesting answer to the whole "She don't wanna read" post - well put.

And, TBH, I can understand the Eris being cute. I got my mom to get the BB Storm II for herself, and I opted for the DROID - she still hasn't made it past "I want that app on my phone too!" phase....

But me, well, as long as I can modify my phone I am happy. And if my next contract requires me to pick a phone that has a OS that VZW messes with, I'll go looking at other Android-based phones that are stock, with no cooking involved.

Upvote 0
heh - you've got the boys all slobbering with drool with your mention of the skinny jeans, yanno....

Classy yet interesting answer to the whole "She don't wanna read" post - well put.

And, TBH, I can understand the Eris being cute. I got my mom to get the BB Storm II for herself, and I opted for the DROID - she still hasn't made it past "I want that app on my phone too!" phase....

But me, well, as long as I can modify my phone I am happy. And if my next contract requires me to pick a phone that has a OS that VZW messes with, I'll go looking at other Android-based phones that are stock, with no cooking involved.

lol thank you John. And Yeah I got them from Hot Topic :)

and eww a blackberry storm 2...storm 1 was enough torture and hell for me
but i do agree with you completely...

I am about to start rooting...Wish me luck

Upvote 0
oh and guys here is what i was talking about with pictures of my keyboard

this is my old droid that i got from fed-ex this morning
attachment.php

this is the droid i got in november on launch date
attachment.php

The second is a bit blurry but u can see it has a bubble effect and the first is more shallow...i like the shallow one

Attachments

• 015419.jpg
    015419.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 015453.jpg
    015453.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones