okay, i give up, how do the font packs work.Support

Last Updated:

1. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have tried searching and waiting to see if anyone else is having this problem but apparently i am the only one.
    no matter what i do i can't get any of the font packs to work in open home. i have tried all the free ones on the market. when i go to menu>more>text font & color>edit text (doesnt matter which) i get a force close. does anyone have a fix for this or can tell me what i am doing wrong? those are the instructions in the app but maybe i am missing something.

Advertisement
  2. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find a solution.

3. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. They do, however, work with aHome.

4. Flipper

Flipper Guest

Same issue with me too... get a 'Force Close' message. For purposes of clarity, I installed Font Pack 1.

'The application Font Pack 1 (process com.betterandroid.fonts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' <Force Close>

5. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm presuming we're talking about OpenHome.

I ended up deleting them and gave a low rating re: force closes in hope that something would change.

6. Risket

Risket Active Member

I am having an extremely hard time trying to find out how to MAKE a font pack. I have the SDK downloaded and installed and tried making a blank app with fonts in the "\assets\fonts" folder. I get the empty app to install on my phone but none of the fonts have any effect. I can't access them through apps I'd normally be able to change the fonts in.

I have a few fonts I made myself that I really want to use. Other than that I don't really care about any other font packs.

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE:

I've figured out how to make custom font packs. See the attached image.

I'm using a font that I made for a language I invented several years ago. Now no one can read my texts! MUAHAHAHA!!

....unless they open the default messaging app....

Attached Files:

7. L0ve365

L0ve365 New Member

Umm OK so how do you create a font pack? LOL We are happy for ya but can you share the knowledge? Thanks!