Okay, I was wrong: Launcher Pro > Blur on D3General

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

For months I touted Blur on the D3 and attributed the sporadic lag to Android rather than Blur. Wrong times infinity. Launcher Pro takes less memory and has more functional features- plus the lag issues I was running into with the UI are gone.

Seems like a new device with Launcher Pro.

doogald likes this.
  2. SpecialEd

SpecialEd Well-Known Member

Can anyone else confirm this experience on their D3?

I know my OG Droid was super laggy, but I removed nearly all applications and took pics off the SD and it was snappy again (to let kids play Angry Birds on).

I have not had too much trouble on my D3, but it might be worth a try...
  3. rushmore

It is free, so try it yourself.
  4. Coho1

Coho1 Active Member

I never thought about a launcher until I got sick of Blur's sluggishness. Launcher Pro is a huge improvement in the speed and smoothness of the device.
  5. rice

rice Active Member

Running steeldroid v3 and BLUR is snappy and works without lag
  6. rushmore

Simply using Launcher Pro is an easier and safer option than going through the process of getting Steel on the device.

Still, nice to have the option :)
  7. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

8. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

I too have been using Launcher Pro for a while on my D3, but I still keep getting considerable lag and I am always yelling "COME ON, 'DUAL CORE'!!" when it acts up.
    Mostly when I am in an app and I touch the home icon it will just show me my wallpaper and nothing for like 10 seconds and then when everything finally does pop up it takes another 5 just to start reacting to my gestures...
    I love my D3 but lately its been just as laggy as my previous DX.
    not to rant and hate but after 3 motorola droids i'm kinda over motorola :(
  9. McJoshvitt

McJoshvitt Member

I just installed ADW ($0.10 in marketplace) and it also seems snappier, but I notice that Blur is still running in the background. Is there anyway to keep it from running in the background too?