Okay so who DIDN'T get a gift card from BB?

Last Updated:

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

I didn't get one when I pre-ordered, I was rather told that I would get it when I pick up the phone. I just have my pre-order receipt. Anyone else have the same story?

Advertisement
  2. stevent76

stevent76 Member

I got the same story in Kennesaw GA. I paid $50 plus tax and walked out with a piece of paper.

3. SoFLO

Alright just wanted to make sure Best Buy wasn't screwing around with me...I'm sure others out there have the same worry so if you see this thread, you're not alone!

4. Stickboy46

Stickboy46 Well-Known Member

You should have gotten a gift card. Either A: they didnt fully process the preorder sku or they kept the gift card. When they ring up the pre-order SKU it tell them to scan a gift card. I would check with them again, because if they didnt process it right there may not be enough EVOs that arrive to cover the preorder. If they just wrote it down in store the warehouse wont have an accurate track on how many they need to cover pre-orders. If you actually paid 50 plus tax, then well something got rang up that shouldnt. There should be no tax involved and i dont know where the 50 went unless he/she pocketed it.

FYI: I was at work last night when they posted the procedure for ringing up EVO Pre-Orders and you SHOULD get a gift card.

Bek likes this.
  5. SoFLO

I called the store and spoke to a different person, they told me the same thing. I don't know what to tell you.

6. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

Same thing. I do have a receipt that says "EVO preorder" on it stapled to the EVO flyer (that has your address / name / phone # on it) and a manager punched it through saying that I wouldn't have any issue on release day, so I'm not concerned at all.

7. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member

I got an EVO flyer that I hand wrote my name/address/phone on and he stapled a receipt to it. Paid my $54 (including tax). I've got no worries, and cant wait til June 4th!

8. SoFLO

I didn't even get the flier, I filled it out and they kept it. I just have the receipt (which should enough anyway).

9. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

No card for me either...they said it was weird but they saw it on another phone that way too. I have the flyer and the receipt and I was told to NOT lose either. When I come in on the 4th, they would return the $53 (6% tax in MI) and charge me the whole thing.

10. Stickboy46

Well dont know what to tell you yet. I havent processed a pre-order yet since im off today. Just telling you what the pre-order instructions said last night. When i process one ill let you guys know for sure.

11. SoFLO

I'll talked a Best Buy rep online and she said that's the standard but it's up to the store to give out the gift cards...figures my store would do it different.

12. Stickboy46

Yes, gift card makes more sense anyways but i guess each store will do their own thing.

13. ilaofficial

ilaofficial Well-Known Member

Screwed Homez I got a gift card check my pic on my thread.

14. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Stickboy I take it you work for BB?

When the phone is stocked in the store in June, will you be able to check if its in stock online? Like you would do for a TV or a video game?

Reason I ask is when i'm eligible for my upgrade, I won't be in town. So I figured i'd check the stock of the BBs located in the area i'll be in before heading out to get one.

15. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Houston TX here, I got a gift card stapled to the flier

16. Stickboy46

No, the best buy mobile site is handled differently. Though they did just launch to where you can order it online and have it shipped to a particular store to be picked up.

I say this all is AS OF RIGHT NOW. They appear to be integrating online with the store, so it may be possible that come June you will be able to check store stock. You best bet anyways is to just call the store before hand so they can physically verify the product is there. Inventory counts are not always correct. (which is what the website looks at)

17. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

18. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

Yeah. They gave me a COPY of the filled-out flyer but kept the original themselves (which I'm sure is their record that you did, indeed preorder), so that shouldn't be a huge deal.

19. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I got mine, didn't even know about it. :D

20. Kurt85

Kurt85 Member

I got a gift card when I just pre-ordered. I was the first one, and he circled a big one on my flier...too bad I had to tell him the 6pm time slot because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in before that.

21. soon2bdroid

soon2bdroid New Member

I'm in the same boat as SoFlo. Just the receipt, no flyer. I was the first at my store, and he did say the procedure said to scan the $50 gift card when prompted. However, he said there was no prompt. He called the manager over, asked her, and she said just write it in and tell him NOT to lose the receipt.

22. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I got the gift card and a copy of this sheet with a skew that says too being it and the gift card to the store on the fourth. It also says it is not a big deal if I don't have the gift card.

23. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I got a gift card. She asked if I wanted a copy of the flier (the one they rubber band to your phone and stick in the locked cabinet), or just the receipt.

Checked to make sure the receipt said Evo pre-sale, and accepted just that.

24. rzenger

rzenger Well-Known Member

Same here, I was the first one at the store I went to, I've called the girl twice now, first time to make sure I didn't need the gift card and the second time about the flier, which she said they keep for their records. I'm sure all of the stores don't do it the exact same way, as long as I've got my receipt ( that I made copies of) I'm happy.