1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Okay. SUPER scared/paranoidGeneral

1. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Okay. I don't know if my n7 just had a bad day with its screen and my paranoya from here and xda caused me to call Google play if they get it and by chance my nexus is FINE will they charge me full for the tablet

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

What's the problem?
  3. cammykool

One. When typing sometimes it wontpick p a letter. Or well input the one next to the typed letter and they're seems to be 3 lines of flickering pixels one about 40% p the screen one dead center one about 60% up the screen but what if they don't see it...? Am I getting charged?
  4. cammykool

And my replacement is in the truck to be delivered today
  5. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

I would think (coming from the technical service industry) that if you outlined the issue as described, someone at google/Asus would put in an extra few minutes with the device to verify that functionality issue. The two companies are not out to try to hurt us as customers. At this point the more defects they can find the better for them in designing future models; with the huge success thus far I can be certain there will be a new one when tegra 4 comes out...
    stridermt2k likes this.
  6. cammykool

Just leave a note n the box?
  7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If the returned device was found to be fully functional, wouldn't they charge you the restocking fee rather than the full price?

I say that because if you simply decide to return a working device, "Google will issue a refund in your Google Wallet account using your initial payment method minus any applicable shipping and handling and restocking fees".

The US terms of sale doesn't specifically say either way when it comes to replacements, but I don't see the logic in them effectively charging you twice if you return a working device.
  8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Any time you return a defective device that sometimes works ok, make sure you mention the problem is "intermittent".

That way if they can't repro the problem, they still take your claim seriously.
  9. cammykool

so i should make a note andf put it in the box?
  10. cammykool

i just jotted that down in word

my dad (who works for FedEx frieght so he knows the in and outs of shipping) said if alot are comming in they might not even inspect it just toss it in the box with the others
  11. colchiro

That's what I'd expect.
  12. cammykool

should i throw the note in there?
  13. colchiro

It can't hurt.
  14. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Good call on the note. I think I'll go ahead and do that as well.
  15. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

You probably don't have to worry about making it worse. Mine suddenly became awful last night. Now the screen makes a loud popping noise when you push it in and the glue lets go and it comes back out again.