Okay this is getting ridiculous!

Last Updated:

1. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned This Topic's Starter

I'm on EPIC number 5 and this one still isn't good. Almost all they keys on the QWERTY keyboard have dents on them on the top and bottom of the keys. And while this one hasn't had a battery fail like the last one, this one keeps saying I have a network problem whe clearly I do not.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Keep returning until you get a good one or one that you are happy with.

3. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

seems almost like these returns, people are not getting brand new units. i still have my original and all is fine. so, yes, agree, don't settle, keep exchanging for a good one. open it at the store first before bringing it home for obvious hardware defects.

4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Thats terrible... glad I reconsidered the Epic, going to straight for an Evo this Friday

5. FreakyLocz14

None of the ones I owned looked brand new. I noticed that at the last exchange I did, they gave me $30 back. Did they give me a used one that is priced $30 less than a new one is what I'm wondering now. If so, I can live with the cosmetic wear on the keys but the erroneous network error notifications are probably an actual defect unless I can find a way to turn network notifications off altogether.

6. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

shit, sometimes refurbs are better than brand new. but id still prefer newif im within my 30 .. after that it is what it is

7. jonra

jonra Active Member

I'm on my original and the only issue I have is what appears to be a small line of maybe dead pixles or something on the top right hand side of the screen. I'm going to take it back... it could be just something really small under the invisishield too, but I'm going to make sure. But yeah, starting to sound like people are getting refurbs/returns at this point :(

8. iBleedBlackNgold

i thought if your within your 30 they have to replace it with a new one & not a refurb .. please correct me if im wrong

9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Not saying I don't believe you, but that's pretty unbelievable. Did you take photos of the Epics?

10. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I don't understand how people can leave a store with a replacement phone and later complain about physical defects and issues. Just seems like people don't bother to give it a once over before walking out the door. If I'm within 30 I want to see all those little plastic strips on the phone.I give the slider a once over. And I do a quick overall visual as well as start it up. Keyboard dents? Sounds kind of hokie. Like the guy above, I need to see pics of that.

11. FreakyLocz14

I'll try and get some pics up soon. I did give it a look over. They're hard to notice unless you're under low-light conditions, since the keyboard's backlight is what draws attention to them. I noticed them only night when I turned all the light off in my apartment at bedtime.

12. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Dent's? They are hard plastic keys they can't be dented.

13. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

How do people go through 5 replacements? Of all the many phones I've owned I've never had to take one back. I must be very lucky or they must be very anal.

14. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Seriously, lol. :). It's great.

15. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member

If it's a $50 phone with no contract I'd agree that it's being anal, but after 2 years I'm looking at a $2000 contract. And $250 up front plus activation. I don't blame anyone for wanting some peace of mind that there phone is going to perform as advertised and last for the life of the agreement. The only trouble I've had (still on first phone) is the gps issues. This is the first phone with gps I've had and it work, just not as well as lesser phones. That's enuff to have me wondering if I need to try a second phone

16. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member

am I the only one who smells BS? dented all the keys? I don't even know how you would go about doing that.

17. jonra

jonra Active Member

Tough to doubt complaints, but yeah, 5 phones... I'm guessing the Best Buy employees (or wherever) are rolling their eyes every time you come back for your replacement phone over every tiny complaint imaginable :( The chances of literally 5 defective phones straight are just ridiculously thin.

Anyways, if it's true, I guess you are probably the most unlucky person in the world :p

18. iBleedBlackNgold

I'm more then halfway on my count of replacement phones compared to the touch pro .. that was 9 in a few month period. I'm on 5 epics also and its only been a month! .. I will admit the issues aren't even comparable, tp was ASS !

19. FreakyLocz14

I feel that way too. I never used to care back when I used Virgin Mobile, but now that I'm paying $250 plus activation upfront plus a bill for at least 2 years, I demand perfection. By all means, try a second one. Depending on the place, your 30 days may be reset to the exchange date, but you may not be let out of your contract with Sprint, though.

This is also my 5th one. I'm going to call the Radio Shack and the manufacturer because that thing with $30 makes me think that Radio Shack is selling refurbs and passing them off as new. I'm always polite to the employees, since it's not their fault. I've never exchanged phones so frequently before. 5 times is the most I've ever done on a single device over the course of a year, and I beat that record with the EPIC is just 1 month.

20. dbpaddler

Highly doubt there a refurbs in the system yet. I just did an insurance swap and got a brand new one in a sealed box. Sweet part was they only asked for the damaged phone back so I've got an extra battery and all the accessories.

21. iBleedBlackNgold

nice lol. that's how I acquired an arsenal of touch pro batteries. I got 3 epic batteries now but only need 1..
    and won't all returns & swaps become refurbs ? also to know if its a refurb enter that code into the dialer n check

22. dbpaddler

pick up the spare battery charger on ebay for about $6 and you can always have a charged spare. Charges much quicker than in the phone too.

iBleedBlackNgold likes this.
  23. iBleedBlackNgold

I'll check it out . thanks

24. dbpaddler

There are two styles on ebay: black & white. I have the black one, and the usb charging doesn't work well. Charges the battery fine, but I can't plug a usb cable in and charge something else. Might give the white one a try.